Chapter 14

Come morning, Silver awoke to find himself alone in bed, though the spot was still relatively warn, which meant that Mephiles had left the bed not too long ago.

Slowly sitting up, he looked and saw said demon sitting at a chair nearby, breakfast set before him as he drank his tea and read his book.

"Morning," Mephiles mumbled, having heard the hanyou get up but his eyes never left the book he was reading.

"Um...good morning," Silver replied as he moved to get out of bed.

"Shall we be returning to the palace today?" He asked as he slowly approached the other while wrapping a complimentary guest robe around his small frame.

"Yes, you don't seem to be quite ready to be out much longer." He stated. "And frankly, I have business to attend to."

The silver hanyou nodded, "Very well..."

The demon then gestured for the hanyou to come sit opposite of him, where another set of breakfast dishes were left for him.

Silver blinked, not expecting Mephiles to have offered to receive his company, but he accepted the offer nevertheless.

Once the uke was seated,only then did the young lord put down his book to eat.

And having made sure to show that he did have some traditional etiquette, Silver obediently waited for Mephiles to begin his meal before he himself started on his own.

Again, the ebony male took note, still quite relieved that Silver wasn't an uncivilised slob.

And other than that, their breakfast together was calm, relaxed, civil, and... surprisingly enjoyable.

They both got dressed afterwards as they prepared to leave with Shadow and Sonic, their visit having come to an end.

They soon found the other couple already downstairs in the lobby where they shared brief pleasantries before taking the lengthy journey home.

And Silver couldn't wait to get back.

He missed his pups...

***

The trip was quiet and peaceful. They had the things the hanyous had bought secured to the carriage. But Sonic had bought more since Silver still felt weird that Mephiles was even allowing him to spend his money.

And the demon's actions over the past few days has done nothing but confuse the white-furred uke even more....

***

Once back on the palace grounds, Mephiles kept close to his brother to spend as much time with him as he could, knowing he would be leaving in a few days.

And Silver kept close to Sonic, not wanting his one true friend to go so soon, though they all knew it was inevitable.

Sonic did promise that he and Shadow would write them often, with Sonic's own personal letters to be just for Silver-- from one hanyou to the next-- so to speak.

Silver wanted to spill all of his thoughts and concerns on Sonic so bad, especially since the blue hanyou had told him so much about his own life. He wanted admit everything and do the same instead of keeping up this lie.

But.... he didn't know if Mephiles would want him to reveal their secret, even to Sonic. The demon had been surprisingly kind these past few days and quite honestly, Silver didn't want to ruin a good thing...

Not that he really ever did what he was asked, but recently he had gone beyond that and risked his life for the demon. But he did wish to tell Sonic the truth. He trusted him...