Chapter 31

A/N: Haven't posted in a while so I decided to do a pretty lengthy chapter to make up for it. Enjoy!

~~~

The two days before their trip passed quickly. Mephiles now stood by the entrance to his estate and watched his servants pack his family's luggage and any other supplies, along with another carriage meant to carry them as well. It was a downgrade from the large one he'd usually be traveling in but not by much. After the whole poison incident he had begun to treat those beneath him will a bit more respect to avoid any other incidents.

He then watched as his beautiful mate slowly descended the stairs, Silver's amber eyes shining with excitement at going on a well deserved trip.

Their three little ones played around his feet as the family descended the grand staircase, all three too excited to keep still.

But last and definitely the least, in Meph's head, Tenshi quietly followed though his mood from yesterday had yet to improve.

It only made Mephiles smile even more.

He hoped he kept that mood the whole trip. The demon had already taken a liking to the cherub's misery.

The father then greeted his family as they approached, allowing them all on the carriage before him.

Silver even blushed a bit when Mephiles took one of his hands while the other was at his waist to help him into the carriage. The sly demon even managed to sneak in a subtle caress with his thumb over Silver's curvy waist before fully helping him inside which only made the uke blush darker.

Once Silver was in, Mephiles then assisted his children in and onto their seats before entering the carriage as well with Tenshi behind him after a moment. Of course, he had to be in the same carriage to 'protect' Silver, though, to the other's slight annoyance.

And though demon nor angel was happy to be sharing such a small space with their natural-born enemy, they put up with each other for now, both to make the cute little hanyou with them happy.

Mephiles then instructed the carriage driver to start moving. He wanted to leave immediately so that they could get to the border of the Cherubic Lands in a couple of days. It was terribly far away enough as it is.

And with a flick of the reins, the 6 black horses led the carriage off the palace grounds, Scourge calmly watching from the palace steps as they left...

Mephiles relaxed against the soft carriage seat and closed his eyes. He wasn't tired but he wanted let the time blur by.

Tenshi remained quiet the whole time and Silver busied himself with keeping the pups occupied.

Mephiles opened his eyes briefly when he felt Rei grasp onto his robe to help him get onto his seat. "'m tired," he mumbled softly.

Mephiles smiled and helped him onto his lap, which Rei responded by curling up against his robe and starting to rest. The Demon Lord was surprised. He thought his children would be a little more restless.

But with the gentle rocking of the carriage, the soft cantering of the horses' hooves, and the peaceful scenery that passed their windows, the young father could see why his pup wanted to rest.

Everything was so relaxing....

He was especially happy when his child decided he wanted to rest on his lap rather than on his mother's. It just showed that they still wanted him in his life and he was grateful for that.

Silver silently watched the two interact, a small smile managing to escape.

At least Mephiles was good with kids...