Chapter 17

Mephiles awoke the next morning with his arm draped over the hanyuo's side. He must've placed it there just before he fell asleep since he had no memory of doing so.

And he surprised even himself when he didn't recoil away from the other once he found out. He looked to see Silver's head was resting on his shoulder as the uke slept on peacefully.

He found that he just didn't have the heart to wake him...

He liked having the hanyou close to him, feeling his delicate breaths against his chest. It was relaxing, he realized, and it almost put him back to sleep.

And by almost, it meant that as soon as his eyes began to drift closed to return to slumber beside his mate, a pained groan escaped the uke's lips--the silver male placing an arm around his aching stomach as he unconsciously buried his face in the crook of Meph's neck, though his sounds of discomfort continued no matter how hard he tried to stay sleep.

Mephiles held him tightly but carefully. Hopefully to try and calm him down.

The uke slowly took deep breaths to help ease away the discomfort and after a few minutes, he gave a tired sigh as he slumped in the other's hold-- his beautiful amber eyes slowly peeking open.

Mephiles blushed slightly when the sunshine gaze landed on him, "Good morning," he murmured in greeting.

Silver blinked his golden eyes fully awake before mumbling, "Morning..."

"Are you feeling alright?" He asked, carefully stroking a few loose quills away from his eyes.

Silver closed his eyes and sighed in content at the caresses as he mumbled, "My stomach hurts...."

Mephiles nodded in understanding, "Would you like me to fetch a healer?"

Silver shook his head no, "Maybe it'll go away on its own. I should be f- -" the uke eyes widened as he clamped a hand over his mouth, surprising Mephiles when he quickly scrambled out of bed and dashed to the bathroom.

The demon lord cringed when his acute hearing easily picked up his mate getting sick in the other room.

He slowly got up and followed him, grabbing a towelette and pitcher of cool, clean water that would normally be for cleaning but now would do for his mate to drink.

He entered the room silently, his nose easily picking up the scent of vomit as he watched the uke knelt on the bathroom floor before him once again vomit into the trash bin he was gripping tightly, coughing sickly as he gasped for air with pained tears streaming down his face, his arms trembling as they tried to keep him held up.

He gently grabbed his shoulder and rubbed the small of his back as he waited for his fit of coughs to stop. Once he did, he dampened the towel and wiped the bile from his lips.

Panting slightly, Silver grew quiet as Mephiles tended to him, only the occasional sniffle escaping the ill uke as he used a hand to wipe away his tears.

"I hope you're not terribly ill. This won't be good for your so soon after that dosage of poison you took," Mephiles said gently, before offering the hanyou some water.

Silver accepted the water, slowly drinking it down, before tiredly saying, "I just wonder what's wrong...?"

"I'll go get a healer. Don't worry," he murmured, giving him a soft comforting kiss to the forehead before the demon briefly left his mate.

***

With Mephiles gone, Silver slowly and carefully managed to pick himself up off the floor, clamping a hand over his mouth again as he gagged. Once the nausea went away, he exhaled deeply before shuffling back over to bed, where he curled up beneath the still warm sheets and tried to get rid of the dizziness that came from the short walk...