Chapter 30

The demon dressed appropriately for lunch with his family. He was so filled with joy. As far as he knew, Silver hadn't said anything to their pups yet about the trip. He couldn't wait to see their excited faces.

And having not felt this excited about anything since...well since Shadow had said he was coming to visit, Mephiles went off to enjoy lunch with his family and give his beloved children the good news.

He arrived at their dining room early. He sat in his spot and impatiently waited for the rest of his household.

And of course, less than 10 minutes later, the children entered the room with their mother.

And Tenshi was following in Silver's shadow, same as always...

Mephiles couldn't help but wonder what the angel would think of their trip to his homeland. He probably thought something was wrong that a demon would want to go there. But in reality, who cares what he thinks?

He couldn't wait to see the bastard’s face once he finally gave everyone else the news, though.

So far, only he and Silver knew...

He quickly decided to tell them all before they got their meals, since the pups might knock something over from excitement when they heard. Therefore, it would be much less of a mess then.

Both Silver and Mephiles exchanged a small smile as his uke and pups bowed to the Lord of the manor, Tenshi reluctantly doing so as well. Silver couldn't wait to have Meph tell the kids the good news, so he quickly ushered them to their seats.

Mephiles then took his eyes off his mate and looked to his children. With a loving smile, he explained that they were leaving home for a while to journey to a place they had never been before. On a vacation. The little ones instantly erupted into a mound of squealing children who simply could not wait to venture out into the world and see beyond their home. Besides, other than the little family picnic out in the countryside a couple days ago, the babies hadn’t been anywhere else outside the palace walls.

And Silver had a hard time keeping them calm, but he himself was happily smiling with excitement as well.

But when asked exactly where they were going, poor Tenshi choked on his tea when he heard that they were going to his homeland!!

His coughing worried Silver though Mephiles hid his smug smirk behind a teacup.

One word: priceless.

"What seems to be the matter, Tenshi?" Mephiles asked, his voice dripping with false concern that only the angel seemed to catch onto. To be honest, he wasn't exactly sure why the angel had reacted the way he did, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. He already knew that he alone would be under constant prejudice while the rest of his family, having angel blood, would be easily welcomed. He could easily handle a few weeks of dirty looks. Tenshi was giving him enough practice with that already…

"Nothing," Tenshi grumbled once he finally stopped coughing, "Just didn't think my homelands would be your place of destination, that's all..."

"And just why are you going there, my Lord?" He asked with disdain heavy in his words.

"Well it would be an excellent opportunity for Silver and the pups to explore their angelic heritage. Don't you think?" He asked, smiling at the cherub. The whole idea of going to his homeland made Tenshi uncomfortable and Mephiles loved every second of it.

"Of course..." the angel grumbled, "Excellent...."

His moodiness only made Meph's day even better.