Chapter 6

As a few hours passed and the young Lord had settled in again to the familiarity of his home, he soon went to his treasury, looking for a sword. He was restless from their trip and eager to hunt. He hated to imagine just what had wandered into his territory while he was gone.

And after instructing a passing servant to tell the hanyou that he'd be out for a while, should Silver come looking for him, Mephiles left his estate to go make sure his territory was back in tip top shape.

And he hoped it wasn't--all the more killing he could do and the longer he'd be out. He'd prepped a jagged looking katana with two additional daggers tucked away in his robes, just in case he was ever in trouble, no matter how unlikely that was...

Without much trouble, he made it off the palace grounds, skillfully scaling a nearby tree and swiftly meandering around the treetops to search for unsuspecting prey.

An hour or so later, he found his first victims. It was a small cartel of merchants and was easily able to pick up their scent. Hanyou. He silently watched them for a while, soon seeing no children or women. He could easily obliterate them all.

The ebony hunter crouched lower on the branch, his fur easily camouflaging him, as he slowly eyed the group's possessions--hoping to at least find something of value to bring back from this little stress reliever/hunting expedition. He was sure whatever he found would bring some sort of value. He hadn't killed on his lands in a long time, and he was quite sure hanyous would be more comfortable with bringing their goods this close to his home's border by now. But it was their petty assumptions that would cost them dearly.

And so, with that thought in mind, the ebony furred predator got into striking position of his unawares prey.

Mephiles swiftly and silently lunged from the tree, slicing the head of his first victim clean off.
Panic and mayhem immediately ensued as all the hanyou merchants tried to flee from the murderous demon. He grinned sadistically as they scattered, and took his precious time in pursuing and taking them down one by one.

And after 15 minutes of pure adrenaline rush, the blood soaked demon was satisfied--his nerves calmed a bit from his rigorous....'exercise'.

It relieved quite a bit of his pent up frustration. Besides, he cruelly thought, if he couldn't kill one particular hanyou, he was perfectly satisfied with killing others for the time being.
Sighing in content, he licked away the rustic taste of blood from his claws as he strolled back to their cartel, looting it of any valuable items. There was cheaply made jewelry, which he could probably pass off as a gift to Silver if he cleaned it up. He'd only give it up if he had to, but he was NOT spending money on that half-breed. There wasn't much else appealing other than that, so he had a quick snack from some of the fresh fruit in the caravan before he began his journey back home.

And upon his return, he eventually located the hanyou since he hadn't been in his room when Mephiles went to go look for him. Silver was in one of the lord's various libraries, the pups squirming around on the floor on a large blanket where Silver also sat, keeping an attentive eye on them as he read.

Mephiles had cleaned off as best he could beforehand, having changed his robes and everything. He then slowly walked up to the hanyou, staring down at him on the floor before asking, "What are you reading?" Silver glanced up at him before placing his book down on his lap momentarily and saying, "The Beginnings of Demon Society and Warfare."

"Why?" He asked curiously.

"No reason," He grumbled offhandedly, really just checking to see if he was reading anything he shouldn't.

"Why are you interested in that book anyway? I have many different books that would better entertain a hanyou."

'That should be illiterate in the first place,' he silently thought to himself, now beginning to wonder where the hanyou had learned.