thirty two

luke can't seem to catch his breath. his lungs feel like they at closing in on him, while his stomach carries an empty feeling of twisting and turning.

he paces back and fourth in his bedroom, the only thing going through is mind is just how ashton could have found out about michael and him. he thought he was being careful, being sure that no one would assume anything about them. now, someone has figured out and is using it against him.

he can't help but blame himself. michael was young, he didn't want the boy to worry about this. he didn't want the boy to even know about this, so he decided it was best to keep to himself. for now, at least.

the knock on the door sent his heart racing faster than it ever has. he inhaled strongly, filling his lungs with air. he rubbed his clammy hands over his jeans shakily. he walked slowly, taking his time to enjoy the last few seconds he had without having to face ashton. he couldn't even look at the wavy haired boy without feeling anger and disgust arise in him.

he wanted to know what ashton had in mind to do. he didn't want to assume anything, seeing that there could be a chance that ashton might have a little decency and won't try anything with luke.

when the door is open, ashton stood there, a signature smile on his face like everything was okay. for luke, nothing was okay.

"I'm glad you agreed to this," ashton almost instantly says.

"I didn't have much of choice," luke responds, stepping aside so the other boy could enter his home.

ashton chuckles, "you're right."

luke rolls his eyes as he shuts the door. ashton takes himself into the small kitchen area, peeking over his shoulder to see that luke was following after him. luke doesn't like how ashton pretends like he knows this place.

luk doesn't say anything at first and neither does ashton. the blonde hates the unbearable silence between them. he rather ashton be talking rather than standing in this like this with no words spoken at all.

"what do you have planned for tonight?" luke asks while his heart pounded against his chest.

ashton shrugged, pursing his lips together, "I guess we will just have to find out as the night goes on."

"why are you doing this?" and luke hopes ashton has a serious answer for him. he doesn't want to sit around all night, wondering why out of everyone ashton had to be a dick to him.

ashton studies luke's face, and the blonde finds it creepy how he is standing there staring at him. he studies the high cheekbones, the structured jawline, the sloped nose, "you seem like a good person. I want to get to know you."

"why can't you get to know me without blackmailing me?"

"where's the fun in that?" the anger inside of luke boils at his words.

luke takes a deep breath, calming himself down, "I don't think I'll ever understand why this is fun for you, but all I ask is for you not to tell anyone about what you know."

"I'm not going to tell anyone that you're banging a kid," ashton leans his body against the surface of the counter, "I just want one thing from you."

luke swallows thickly, his mind coming up with all the thoughts of what ashton wanted from him, "what is it exactly that you want?"

"I know what you are thinking, but I don't want you to bone me," ashton laughs, and luke lets out a sigh of relief, "I want you to pretend you are my boyfriend for a night when my parents come into town within the next month."

luke raises his eyebrows, "that's it?"

"that's it," ashton confirms.

"why couldn't you have asked me that yesterday when we talked?"

"I wanted to drive you a little crazy," ashton tightly smiled, his fingertips running over the smooth, marble counter top.

"well, you succeeded at that," luke assures.

ashton stands up to his full position. he takes a few steps towards luke, but the twenty-seven year old doesn't take it in any way this time around.

"you also have to act intimate towards me around them, make it seem believable. kiss my cheek, put your hand on my thigh, cute shit like that."

luke bites down on his lip, for he has no intentions to be intimate towards anyone else besides michael, but he was going to have to make an exception, "okay."

"I really didn't mean to make you feel frightened. usually I would have someone else do this for me, but I think my parents will approve of you. you clean up pretty well," ashton begins making his way towards luke's door.

luke nods, "I'll do anything as long as it means michael and I can stay together."

"I never thought of you as someone to sneak around with a student," ashton says, "it's pretty hot."

luke huffs, "please get out of my home."

ashton throws his hands up, "fine, fine. I'll leave."

luke watches as ashton opens the door, thankful that he has came to his senses and decided not to tell anyone. luke wouldn't know what to do if word got out. even if he couldn't completely trust ashton, he was going to have to try.

"thank you, by the way. for not telling anyone. I really do appreciate it," ashton turns around as he is about to leave as luke speaks.

he smiled, nodding his head slowly, "just take my advice, don't take the minor out in public. you're bound to be seen by someone."

ashton sends luke a wink as he leaves the speechless boy alone.

+ + +

I like updating and I didn't want to make ashton seem like a total dick

how are your thoughts on ashton after this chapter?

comment and vote, ily x