three

michael's body collapsed down onto his bed. his body instantly sunk down into the soft material.

he let out a loud, much needed sigh. he kicked his shoes off of his feet and buried his face into his pillow. he didn't have much longer before high school was over, but gosh was he ready to be done.

he suddenly hears a door close downstairs. he jumped out of his skin a bit at the noise, but quickly assumed it was his mum getting home from work. she worked at a big, fancy real-estate company which meant her schedule always seemed to be busy. for the most part, she was in and out of the house before michael could share a sentence with her.

deciding he wanted to greet his mum, michael begun making his way downstairs. she heard her shoes clicking on the floor in the kitchen, so he made his way there and grabbed himself a cup of juice.

"how was school today?" michael hears his mum question him. he looks over to see her scanning her eyes over a sheet of paper.

"fine," michael replies bluntly, "i got invited to some kind of bullshit award ceremony for my grades," he adds.

"that's great news, mike," she cooed, a bright, delighted smile on her face. her son has always been good in school which was something she was very proud of, "also, watch the language."

"sorry," he quickly says, "i haven't decided if i'm going to go yet."

his mum is quick to roll her eyes as she adverts them towards her son, "it's a great achievement. even if you don't think so, a lot of other people do, including colleges which is what you need to think about."

"not everything is about college, mum," the young boy groans out.

"things like this are and you need to realize that. you will thank me when you get accepted into a great school," she puts the papers that were on the table into her work bag. she pushed a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear, "i better be going. i'm going to the office for a bit; i will be home soon to make dinner and we can talk more about this."

quite honestly, michael didn't want to hear another word about college or anything school related for that matter. nowadays, it was just about all he and his mother seemed to talk about. sure he wanted to have a great life after school, but he dreaded the process of getting through it. he tried to push it aside as much as he could. his mum never let him though. she was on him constantly about it.

"fine," he mutters under his breath.

he says his goodbye before she leaves. the house is lonely and silent when she does. michael was lonely. with his mum working so much, she was rarely home and even when she was home she was still working. he never said anything about it, only because he knew she was just trying to be able to make sure michael had a good future. he had his school friends, but he was more of a homebody than anything.

he heads back up to his room. he turns on the tv and for the rest of that day he decided he wasn't going to leave his bed.

+ + +

yes i know this chapter is boring don't yell at me i'm sensitive