twenty eight

michael walked up and down the isles with shelves that were piled high with any kind of food he could think of. the usual routine of michael coming to the store with his mum - being forced to, of course - usually consisted of him wandering off.

the last place he wanted to be was at the grocery store. he was not in the mood to have a possible run in with someone he may know from school. those were always terrible moments for him.

he began walking down the candy isle, admiring how many different kinds of candies there actually were and all the colors of them. he was never a fan of sugars and sweets, but he still always walked down this isle when he came here.

he swiftly avoided his mum when seeing her pass the isle he was standing in, not prepared to have a lecture on why he shouldn't run away from her. this was almost a routine for michael.

michael began backing up, making sure that his mum wouldn't come down this isle, but before he could get to far, his body came in contact with someone else's.

"you should be more careful where you're walking," the familiar voice startled michael, but he almost instantly relaxed when knowing exactly who it was.

"sorry," michael sheepishly smiled, a rosy color coating his cheeks as he looked up at the blonde who had a smirk on his lips.

luke chuckled, "there's no need to apologize, I don't mind since it was you."

michael took a shaky breath. he was hoping no one would suspect things if they saw the two. sure they were just standing in the middle of a store talking, but anyone could start rumors. anyone could have a wrong interpretation on them.

"michael, there you are. I'm almost done, are you ready to leave?" michael's eyes widened when hearing his mum's voice pop up from behind him.

he quickly turned around, being able to face his mum. he nodded quickly, not wanting her to ask any questions about luke, "yes, I'm ready."

she adverted her eyes to where luke was standing, her eyes squinting at him, "who is this you are chatting with?"

michael was ready to open his mouth and introduce luke as his teacher, but the older man beat him to it, "I'm michael's teacher, we just ran into each other and I thought I would say hi."

luke was remaining way more self contained and calm than michael was. the seventeen year old has never been in such a dreadful situation. his mum was meeting his teacher, the same teacher he occasionally kisses, and the only guy he has ever liked in more than a friend type of way.

"that's right, michael tells me how good of a teacher you are."

"well he's a very good student. you must be proud to have such an intelligent son."

"I am," mrs. clifford ran her hand over michael's head, "we should be going now, it was nice meeting you."

luke gave a small nod, biting down on his lip as michael's mum turned away with the shopping cart. as michael was about to follow behind, he felt a soft slap to his bum and held in yelp that could make his mum suspicious.

he continued walking, giving one last glance at luke before he was completely out of sight.

while he was at the register waiting in line, he could feel his phone vibrate in the pocket of his black jeans. he pulled it out, opening a text message.

from / luke

meet me in the bathroom x

michael bit the inside of his cheek, having a debate with himself of whether he should obey. he knew he didn't have very long, and he also knew he wanted to see luke more.

"I have to use the bathroom, I'll be fast," michael says, already walking off in a hurry.

he quickly made his way towards the bathroom, already knowing where it was. he took long strides, trying to reach it fast enough so his mum wouldn't have a fit later that he took to long.

once he reached it, he pushed open the door that revealed the small bathroom behind it. the door creaked as it shut, and before he time to take out his phone to see where luke was, a pair of hands grabbed his hips to turn him around. a pair of lips instantly met his own.

it was pure bliss, even being in a supermarket bathroom. they were in a world of their own as their lips moved together. luke's hands found their spot on michael's body; one resting on his hip while the other was placed beside michael's head against the wall.

michael pulled back breathlessly, lips swollen and red, "do you want me to..?" his sentence falters off into nothing, not exactly sure how to approach this question.

luke blinked at him, knowing exactly what he meant, "you don't have to do anything right here, I just wanted to see you," luke paused, letting one of his hands snake its way under the hem of michael's shirt before speaking lowly, "touch you."

michael's skin coated in chills as luke ran his hand up his back, then back down in a continuous motion onto his bare skin.

luke continued, "it's been awhile since I saw you."

"it's only been three days," michael laughed softly.

"that's to long to be away from you."

michael bit the inside of his cheek, his lips softly fluttering over luke's. they remained like that for a moment, each being so so happy to have each other.

"I'll come to your place tomorrow."

"that works," luke swiped his tongue out to wet his lips. he rubbed his thumb over michael's bottom lip gently, "I'll see you tomorrow, mike."

michael began to leave the bathroom, but not before luke stole another kiss.

+ + +

I say to myself that I'm going to wait a few days until I update, but it's hard because you guys are to awesome

does anyone watch gossip girl? I have an obsession with that show, and if you don't watch it, then I recommend it

the 1975 are such a great band their music has blessed me along with tøp

comment and vote for fast updates, ily xx