thirty

"happy birthday," michael is immediately greeted by luke's words before he even has a chance to sit down in the older mans car.

"thank you," michael smiled, gladly excepting a kiss from the twenty-seven year old.

"I have a lot planned for us today," he informs as he begins to drive away.

michael gratefully smiles at the thought. the past few years, he hasn't done anything to exciting for his birthday, other than the family dinner part which he decided to turn down this year and spend his day with the person he loved instead.

"you mean, we are actually going to do something other than lay in bed all day," michael gasped, placing his hand on his chest.

luke rolls his eyes, "there's not much we can do about the fact that if we are seen together, someone is bound to say something."

"well, I'm eighteen now. I graduate this year and we won't have to worry so much after that."

"except for the telling the parents part. I'm sure your mum won't be pleased to hear that you're having an affair with your teacher," luke chuckles slightly, but he is actually terrified of the thought of michael's mum finding out about the two.

michael shakes his head, "I don't care what my mum thinks. as long as I'm with you, I'll be okay."

luke takes a glance over at michael, his lips curling up at the corners. he reaches over, taking michael's hand into his own bigger one and intertwining their fingers.

luke really enjoys the way it feels to have something so simple such as michael's hand in his that makes him feel warm and comforted. every fear and sad thought inside of him went away when he was near the now eighteen year old.

after awhile longer of driving and michael mindlessly wondering where luke could possibly be taking him, the car pulled up to a white building. there is bold words printed on the front of the building, but michael can't quite make out exactly what they say from how far the parking lot is.

the duo enter through the doors and met by dozens of photos that clung to the walls. everything was neat, organized. there were so many colors that intrigued michael and it all looked so magnificent.

"my dad brought me here a lot when I was younger," luke speaks, "I loved it, and I thought you would love it too."

"everything looks amazing," michael can't take his eyes off of it all. there were high walls with paint on every inch of them in every color he could think of. there were small portraits. it was everything he could think of when the word art came into his mind.

"come on," luke says, placing his hand on michael's back and leading him to another part of the museum.

as the two are walking, michael notices there aren't many people here. it's silent, which is usual for a place like this, but michael prefers talking, something more than the silence.

"this was always my favorite part," luke has a smile on his face as he speaks. the words he speaks sound just as happy as he looks. he hasn't been here ever since his parents moved away. he felt like a teenage boy all over again and he loved it.

they enter a separate room where everything is more colorful than before. it surprised michael, the way it looked. he was even more impressed than when he first entered the doors of the museum.

"there are so many colors," michael gushed, his eyes wide.

luke nods, "there is. it's almost as beautiful as you."

michael's cheeks turn the same shade of red paint he sees on the walls. all the compliments luke threw at him still have never sunk in.

"stop making me blush," michael crosses his arms over his chest and luke thinks he looks like an angry little kid.

"why should I do that? I love seeing the way my words make you feel."

michael shrugs, rocking back and fourth on his feet, "everything you say has some kind of effect on me."

luke felt like he could take that to his advantage, in a good way of course. he takes a few steps towards the smaller boy, their bodies so close they could feel the heat radiating off of each other's bodies.

"all the artwork in the room, and all I can stare at is you."

michael gulps, his cheeks feverishly heating up unbelievably fast. luke's eyes are a deep blue, filled with compassion and lust. it causes michael's head to spin, and his stomach to fill with unwanted butterflies.

"I thought I told you to stop making me blush," michael whispers, his lips falling only centimeters away from luke's.

luke chuckles, his warm breath being felt against michael's nose, "I'll never stop for as long as I have to see your cheeks turn a beautiful shade of red."

and for the first time ever, michael thinks that he might be falling in love with his teacher.

+ + +

im feeling happy so here's an update

thoughts on this chapter?

comment and vote, ily xx