twenty three

it was so strange, so new, how michael had been feeling lately. it was refreshing, a breath of fresh air. he had no idea a single person could make him feel like he was a whole new person. all he wanted to do was be with luke night and day. the two made each other happier than they could have ever thought.

the seventeen year olds body was curled up into luke's side on the older mans couch, trying their best not to let anyone fall off. they didn't mind, it was an excuse to be closer together.

"can we do something?" michael begs, his body not able to lay down any longer from his boredom.

"in a little bit," luke mumbles, on the verge of falling asleep.

michael rolls his eyes as a long sigh escaped his lips, "i can't lay here any longer."

"mikey i'm tired," luke drags out, adjusting his body so he was now curled up into michael with his face buried into the crook of his neck. he had his arm wrapped around the dark haired boy with his fingertips just under michael's shirt to touch his warm skin.

"it's three in the afternoon, stop being such an old man," michael joked.

"compared to you, i am a old man," luke joked right back. he understood that michael was still a teenager and wanted to be up doing something, but he was in no mood right now after a long day of teaching.

michael would usually laugh, but he was too bored to laugh, "please do something with me," michael had a pout in his lips even though luke can't see it.

"five minutes," luke's words are muffled and michael wished he wouldn't have understood what he said.

michael let out a whiny noise. usually, he wouldn't mind taking a nap, but between school today and now laying here, all he really wanted to do was get out.

"well, i guess i'll just be going then," he wasn't actually going to leave. he wanted to get a reaction out of blonde. he acted like he was ready to get up and when luke pulled him back down, he knew he succeeded.

"fine, what do you want to do?" luke asks, finally giving in.

"can we get something to eat? i'm starving," the younger boy suggest.

"mike, we kind of have to keep things between us on the down low," luke reminded, hating that he had to hide their relationship, but it's the only way they could be together.

"right, sorry."

luke could sense that it got michael a bit down. if it were up to luke, he would show michael off to everyone. he already was proud to call the dark haired boy his, he just wished he could publicly do it.

"how about this, tonight we order take out, rent a few movies and just be lazy all day and i promise we will do something this weekend," luke compromised, hoping that sounded okay for michael.

although michael would have rather went out, he settled, "i guess we could make that work."

luke smiled widely, placing a kiss to michael's lips, "you're the best."

"i know."