Chapter 13

So there was a rumor saying that the last chapter was the end...hell no. If I ended it like that I'd hate myself. Anyways so here's the next chapter, enjoy

Marinette sobbed into Alya's shoulder, choking on her tears as they dripped inside her mouth. The salt from her tears wavered to long in her eyes, blurring her vision. She trembled with fear of what might happen to her. Alya shifted her frame so Marinette rested her head on her, true, only friend right now. The best friends were draped along Marinette's couch in her living room, Alya talking quietly to cheer up Marinette.

"If it makes you feel better, Nino asked me to the dance." Alya smiled and looked towards the closet, closed with force since Marinette didn't even want to see the real dress she wore when Alya came over.

"Really?" Marinette sniffled and let out a light laugh. "I'm happy for you."

Alya chuckled and pet her head, taking small waved between her fingers. "Girl, you should have seen him. Nino was so nervous, mumbling random words before actually asking me."

Marinette sighed and picked up her head. She hit her head against Alya's shoulder and breathed out again. Her forehead remained on her friend's shoulder as she calmed down, face still glittering with tears.

"I'm an idiot."

"Your not an idiot, although, I can't talk because I don't know what you two were fighting about." Alya patted her back and started to draw symbols around her spinal cord.

"Let's just say I did something unforgivable." Marinette wheezed in another ball of snot that escaped her nose every once in awhile. Alya didn't mind, she was glad her friend was leaning on her shoulder and talking to her, quite literally.

"I'm not going to pry. So, what are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know." Marinette shrugged and gave a sad voice. She had two of her best friends mad at her for reasons they should be, but neither will let her explain herself to them. Tikki wasn't as mad, she had faith in Marinette, just didn't expect Marinette to do nothing. Adrien was a different story, rampaging out of there without an explanation. If he truly loved her this wouldn't have happened.

"You want me to sleepover so we could work on our dresses all day tomorrow?" Marinette smiled and wiped the falling tears. She nodded her head vigorously and giggled along with Alya. It was a tradition for all the juniors and seniors to skip the day of Prom to get ready for the dance. The teachers honestly thought it was a good thing and didn't mind half their class was gone.

"Can you just give me a second?" Marinette glanced back at the stairs and then at Alya. She chuckled and responded, "you going to take down the pictures of Adrien? Hey, maybe we can burn them." Alya's eyes flashed a demonic glint that let Marinette laugh with her friend.

"Nah, you know for a fact after sophomore year I got rid of all my pictures." Alya raised an eyebrow. "Okay, maybe one or two still hang on the wall, and a framed photo on my desk, and my computer screen but that's it, I swear." Alya chuckled and nudged her to go do her mission.

Marinette heaped up the stairs and stood at the door, staring at the wooden streaks flowing up and down. She could do this, Tikki would understand. The door creaked open as Marinette twisted the knob. She regretted it when she saw Tikki on the floor, motionless.

"Tikki?!" Marinette yelled and ran to her kwami. Tikki looked up at her holder as tears fell to the floor. Her small hands reached for Marinette but as soon as she completely outstretched her arm a jolt cursed through her body. The kwami's body twitched and turned as she shivered from electricity. "What's happening?" Marinette wailed.

"Marinette, the earrings..." The girl took out one of her earrings and examined it. The outer black lines were now dripping inside, pulling closer to the center.

"Why is this-"

"Because Hawk Moth has touched your earrings. Dream or not he's invaded your mind and infected your miraculous." Tikki gulped and sat up once the shocks started to decrease. "If this continues to happen...I'll disappear."

"No, Tikki! W-What can I do? I have to fix this." Marinette's eyes captured the warm tears again as Tikki's head spun in circles, she was losing consciousness.

"There are two things that can solve this, and you need to accomplish both; defeat Hawk Moth and make up with Chat Noir. Because of your quarrel, the miraculous decay has become faster." Tikki sighed and rubbed her head, wincing slightly.

"Tikki, I-I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I should have been out there, finding Hawk Moth instead of being with Adrien and going on dates. I should just accept the fact that I'm not a normal girl." Marinette had a glum look and rested her weight on her knees, slumping down so her butt touched her heels.

"I'm sorry too, calling you a silly girl. I want you to be happy but you will never have a normal life. It's still a good life, though." Marinette cantalated a laugh and held out her hand to her small friend. Tikki stumbled inside her palm and hugged her thumb.

The pair looked at the earrings to find the dark aura slowly creeping back to the outer sides.

~

"Hmm, I think it should be more...red!" Alya gasped with her hands outspread for effect. The adolescent giggled at her companion and sketched at light shade of red. "Oh, girl, you should totally go as Ladybug, your obsession with her is growing, seeing as your screensaver is her and Chat Noir."

"My obsession? Well Mrs. Ladyblog, I'm not as obsessed as you. Surly you should go as her." Marinette pointed a finger at her.

"You've got the hair." Marinette gulped nervously and smiled her Cheshire smile. "Besides, purple is my color."

Marinette and Alya went back to designed their dresses, debating for hours on which was the right color and how the dress would look. It ended with a crowning conclusion of Alya's dress crusading look that brought her eyes. The purple dress flooded to the floor with sequence made of gem stones flowing down the waistband to the heel on her left side. The hem to the waist sparkled with rhine stones. It was only a sketch which would take Marinette all that night and tomorrow to flourish the dress with the jewels. She might not be able to finish her dress, but she had already made a back up for herself.

Marinette's dress was a pink color with a short length. It stretched to her mid-thigh and ruffled out. There were sparkles at the top with a lighter pink wrap sewed into the dress. Even after many disputes, Marientte won the case of not going as the colors of Ladybug. She already had what Ladybug was going to wear to the dance.