Chapter 8

"Gotcha." Marinette smirked to herself and let her yo-yo open up to reveal a pure white butterfly fly away. "Bye, Bye little butterfly." Labybug giggled and leaped over a stack of books that started to disappear and clean themselves. The girl flipped behind a dumpster, transformed back in the alley right next to the library and casually walked out.

~

Adrien threw another book at his wall. He was super pissed about the identity of Ladybug. Not that he didn't complain, he actually liked the idea of Marientte being Ladybug. The fact that he didn't realize it sooner made him more mad than ever. The blue hair, cocky attitude, and super attractive body(Adrien wasn't going to lie). Also her heroic side occasionally wiggles it's way into the shy Marinette.

"Argh! I'm such an idiot." Adrien ran his fingers through his hair, breathing heavily.

"Adrien~that's why I don't like girls." Plagg inhaled another slice of cheese. "Besides," he licked his fingers, "why do you care so much? Aren't you supposed to be happy?"

"Of course I'm happy. I just-I have mixed emotions right now." Adrien's forearm pushed against the glass window in his room, resting his head on his arm and staring down at the city. "I just don't know what to do."

~

"Great work today, Marinette." Tikki praised. Marinette giggled and patted her small head in agreement. The time flies whenever your defeating evil.

"So, Marinette, tomorrow is Friday and you have dance duty, right?" Tikki sat with her legs outstretched, leaning on the palms of her hands behind her.

"Oh, right. I almost forgot." The girl stacked her papers and pushed them inside her bag. Technically she still had a release from school but she decided it was best not to later drown in homework. She was supposed to have all till Wednesday off for the freezer incident but once the teachers saw her condition on Wednesday they changed their mind, giving her the whole week off. After all, half the day she slept and half she fought evil. She guessed after Chat left he went off to the real world, maybe to school or whatever he had.

Marinette stretched her hands above her head and spun around to face Tikki again. Her tiny friend beamed and held up another book; Marinette's song book. Not only did Marinette draw she loved to write music. It went along with her designs and just fit together perfectly it felt like.

Tikki opened the book with a lot of force, her arms weren't to strong, till it flopped open. Marinette thanked her and took her pencil. The wood accompanied her hand for a long time till she finally had an inspiration for the last line of her song. She'd been working on this song forever and composed it entirely just now. She held up her masterpiece and kissed the cover.

"Marinette let me hear it." Tikki exclaimed.

The teen went over to her door and closed it so no one would disturb her or hear her. Tikki had heard Marientte song, multiple times, and loved her voice. It was amazing, surprisingly and clichey.

"Alright." Marinette took a deep breathe. "Oh ma douce souffrance,
Pourquoi s'acharner tu r'commences
Je ne suis qu'un être sans importance."
[Oh my sweet torment, No point in fighting, you start again I'm just a worthless being.]

Chat grunted as his boots hit the top of Marinette's roof. He had to tell her he knew about her secret, he'd reveal too. As his hand took the handle of the sunroof door, he heard her melody. Adrien, in either form, has heard Marinette sing. Chat has spied on her for years and Adrien can hear her in class sometimes humming a song. But this song rang Marientte.

"Sans lui je suis un peu "paro"
Je déambule seule dans le metro
Une dernière danse." [Without him I'm a bit troubled I wander around alone on the subway. A last dance.] Marinette's voice drifted along the walls and sank their way into Chat's head. Her rhythm matches her pitch and the pieces of every word fit with the next. He slightly hummed along to the tone as she continued her song.