Chapter 2

Marinette jumped out of bed, rubbing her eyes and letting Tikki get up herself. "Morning Tikki." The school girl sang while stretching her hands above her head. Tikki uttered a small 'morning' before floating to the desktop. Her little bug eyes popped as she glanced at the clock.

"Marinette, your going to be late for school." The kwami flew around the room making sure Marinette's bag was packed. The idol rushed down the steps, stumbling a few times, and ran to her closet. She threw on her normal clothes; a white blouse with dotted flowers, a chocolate jacket, and salmon jeans. Her hands found two hair ties and she quickly laced them into symmetrical pigtails, adding her signature red bows afterwards.  Marinette's heels slid to a stop when she almost forgot her bag. Tikki climbed inside and she hastily closed the purse.

The girl skidded down the steps and rushed past her mom before screaming, "Love you," to her. Her sapphire eyes caught her give a small smile from her pink lips, understanding Marinette was already late. Even if Marinette was late, it's not like it really mattered, she's always late. But the more time she wasted at home, the more time she wasted not seeing Adrien. On the other hand, not seeing him would mean not stuttering like an idiot in front of her crush. So it was a lose-lose situation from the start. Marinette groaned as she entered the hallway doors to her high school.

Marinette turned hallway after hallway to arrive to her classroom with everyone's eyes on the teacher. If she's lucky, which she is due to Ladybug's luck, she should be able to sneak in without being noticed. Her hands fumble to open the door and she quickly slid to the wall. Adrien seems to notice and turns around to look at the small girl inching her way to the seat. Marinette freezes before giving a small wave and a Cheshire cat grin. Adrien shrugs but everyone turns to the teen who made her way behind Alya's seat.

Rotten luck.

"Miss. Cheng, if your going to be late to my class then i'd advise you not to disrupt it." Marinette bobbed her head in agreement and slipped into her seat. The teacher frowned and went back to her lecture about who knows what.

"Girl, where have you been?" Alya whispered to Marinette. "Wait, don't tell me. You slept in and didn't hear your alarm, or somethin' along those lines." Her friend was about to argue but just nodded, not looking for a fight. She pulled her bag to the front, resting it on her lap. She reached in and found Tikki sleeping on her notebook. Marinette scotched Tikki to the side while lifting her notebook and taking notes on the topic Ancient Greece. Minor doodling occurred halfway through the class of small designs she's been dreaming of accomplishing. The miraculous girl desired to go to the junior Prom with Adrien, yeah she knows its pretty stereotypical for a girl to fantasize about Prom, but hey, a girl can always imagine the magical night. Adrien's been her dream guy for almost forever now, so why can't she tell her feelings or at least get him to ask her to the dance. It's so simple yet so complicated. How hard is it to say 'I like you'? Marinette wonders how Chat tells his feelings so easily.

Marinette rolls her eyes at the thought of Chat. That guy really gets on her nerves. Sure, he's sweet and protects her, but Ladybug can handle herself and his sad attempts at flirtation are pretty annoying. Maybe that's why no one has a fan club for the black cat.

"Alright class," Marinette picks up her head, "we are going to go over-" Before the women could finish her sentence everyone jumped up from their seats and ran from the classroom. (Everyone already knew what she wanted.) Only Adrien, Alys, Nino, and Marinette remained in their seats."It looks like you four volunteer for decorating for the junior Prom. Woo Hoo." The teacher waved her hand in a fist pathetically. It didn't look like she was over the top filled with happiness about the dance. Oh, but the luck Marinette was having. Her and Adrien working together on the biggest night of her life, plus Nino and Alya.

"Alright, the girls will need to count the drinks and sweets, they're located in the freezer in the kitchen. Adrien and Nino, I want you to set up the decorations until the girls return." The teacher folded her hands in front of her dress.

"But, uh, the d-dance isn't until next week, Mrs." Marinette stuttered.

"I'm aware, but the dance needs a lot of preparations, especially because only four of you decided to help. I'll see you tomorrow and Friday too. The dance is Monday so i'll need you to come in on Saturday too." She explained. The lady sauntered over to her desk and packed her brief case laying on the top of the table. "I'll see you tomorrow." Nino jumped up, his hat bouncing off his head in the process.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Your leavin' us?" Nino gave a dumb founded face and waved his hands. No one ever guessed he actually cared about that, you'd think he'd enjoy being alone at school. The kids here are normally alone anyways. Then again, she is the teacher and shouldn't someone supervise the kids?

"Yes, I trust you, but I want you out of here by four." She walked towards the door giving a slight wave and exiting quickly.

"Great Monday, guys." Nino picked up his hat and positioned it atop his head. He and Adrien gave high fives while picking up their pouches and taking a sojourn to the gym. Alya looked at Marinette and shrugged.

Alya and Marinette made their way towards the kitchen, complaining about how this sucked. They both were excited about the dance but neither wanted to help out. Besides, Marinette had to go on patrol tonight with Chat. Both simultaneously sighed as they entered the blue tiled cuisine. The blogger fixed her bag along the wall and rolled up her checkered sleeves. Alya already headed to the freezer and propped it open with a stick that slid under the door. Her palm found a cardboard box and lifted it to her chest, heaving it to the counter. The counter was cleaned off beforehand and patterned like the walls. Alya dropped the container to the surface and wiped her forehead. She then complained about how Marinette just stood there and didn't help her. The adolescent shrugged and dropped her own bag against the wall. She shifted to her work mode self and hefted boxes.

The girls worked for an hour or so, lifting boxes then counting the materials inside. Their job was to see how many drinks were in each box and add the total of each box together to see if they had enough refreshments for the dance. Neither girls wanted to be there which cantillated awkward. The school girls kept light conversations but both just wanted to finish and get out.

Marinette grunted as she dropped one of the last packages on the tables. Her amber jacket was spread along the counter as she rubbed her forehead. She was already tired and started to become careless as the time passed. Marinette swung her body, arms out, towards the door. She stomped inside ready for another battle with the weight of a box. Her flats were making light shuffling sounds as she crossed the wooden floor making her strides a little slippery. Marinette's elbow bumped into the door as she wriggled in, the stick scraping across the floor and locking the freezer door. Marinette's teal eyes widened as the door made a loud bang as it barred.

"Alya!" She screamed, her voice quivering from the cold. Alya walked over to the egress and rolled her eyes. Her clumsy friend always seemed to get into situations like this. She grabbed the handle and lightly pulled up. To her dismay the door didn't budge. Alya put two hands on the bar and pulled again, but this time there was a shatter and the handle broke off the door. The frightened teen stood there with the cold bulk that separated her from her friend.

Merry Christmas everyone. Please stay safe and have fun with your family's :)

Hope you have a great day

Also anyone as excited as I am? First two chapters and someone's locked in the freezer. *makes obnoxious laugh*

Yeah, high five? No. Alright.