Bonus Chaptee Part Eight

From what we've learned about when we are living is that our time is short.

That's why i'm glad to have met him.

That is why I would never leave my lady.

Marinette rested her head against the white pillow which was now soaked with tears. Most of the stains were here but their were a few splotches that belonged to others.

She sniffled and glanced over to her loving partner and husband who gave her a reassuring smile. He too laid in a hospital bed not to far from her's.

"Don't worry Marinette, we'll be fine," he reassured her.

It wasn't to reassuring.

It hurt all over.

Marinette recalled the events so vividly shed wake up screaming in her gown, pulling the wires from her arms.

It was a nightmare that night. Adrien had come home tired and irritated from his long work days. Both Emma and Hugo were in their rooms, probably sleeping by then and unaware of their parent little encounter in the kitchen.

The wife smiled warmly to her husband who only rested his briefcase on the counter. She saw his discomfort and placed a mug of hot chocolate in front of him. Her little gesture seemed to soothe him only slightly and he quietly rejected the drink. Marinette sighed before sipping her own mug to let some steam blow into her face. The hot drink calmed her senses with relaxation.

Adrien gave a low gruff of a sigh to show he was still uncomfortable. People at work were just a little more difficult today. He knew he could handle it, because he's Adrien Agreste and he's fought akumas before. Working as the head of his modeling business was not harder then saving civilians.

Yet he was still exhausted which can only be replenished with sleep.

Marinette didn't know what to do and offered her husband a glass of water.

"I said I was fine, Marintte."

She visibly flinched when he said her name. It's been awhile since he's actually said it instead of her usual nicknames.

"Adrien, i'm just trying to help. Maybe a relaxing bath with a nice cup of green tea with help-"

Adrien's green eyes flickered with fatigue and anger. She stepped back with her cup in hand seeing his glare directed at her.

Adrien was mad with Marinette and she had no idea why.

"Adrien-"

"No Marinette, i'm going for a walk," he muttered while grabbing his dress jacket. Adrien stomped against the wooden floorboards with his designer shoes. He never goes for a walk still in his work clothes. He never went walking in general.

Marinette heard the slam of the front door before hearing small creaking from the staircase. She turned er head to see her beautiful children creep down the stairs still dazed with sleep.

"Momma? Where's daddy?" Emma asked in a small voice while her older brother kept her close to protect her. Even though Emma was thirteen, she was quite small and fragile at times when it came to surprises and her father.

"Daddy's just going for a walk," Marinette tried calming down her youngest.

Hugo seemed to catch on and pulled his sister's hand back up the long hall. He was a quiet boy and didn't say much other then to his family. It was still sweet how much he cared for his younger sister. Marinette guessed she was lucky to have such a caring son towards Emma.