Chapter 19

Rion took out his similair staff to Chat Noir's and blocked a foot launching itself towards his gut. Chat fired another attack at his copier while reaching for his own baton. He twirled his body around clockwise so his feet dug into the ground and tripped Rion to the floor. Rion got up from pushing himself up with his hands and did some kind of movement where he spun around before getting up. It was like he was showing off even though he was losing.

Chat paced his attacks, just as Ladybug taught him, and found a weak spot in his stomach. That was why Rion had protected himself there so many times so Chat wouldn't be able to direct his staff into his body. Obviously every part of Rion's body was similair to Chat's, however the inside of the body was different then the outside. The copy cat was decieving everybody with his looks rather than what's inside.

There was no talking when the other was fighting the other. Itwas completly silent other than the grunts and groans from the attacked match.

Rion tired to fire at Chat's knees, knowing his were getting wobbly from the battle. He pushed another blow on Chat's arm to get him to lose balance and collapse, only to be forced back into a wall. Rions' eye was covered over by a flow of blood when he hit the cold stone aside his head. He looked up to the original cat and gave a nervous laughter, which was greeted by a cold, twisted smile from Chat.

Chat raised his stick and trusted it inside Rion's abdomen, causing him to puke up black bile inside his body. The counterpart wheezed as another fit of black juice fell from his mouth. Chat watched as the last load of dark masses disappeared with a akuma loodged inside a pit of vomit. The feline gently plucked the squirming butterfly from the ooze and glanced at its battering wings. This was the insect that caused Marinette to cry out in pain like that. This was the object that harmed Chat's only love; this tiny bug caused so much heartache to a defensless girl. Chat gripped his fists before ripping the akuma to shreds, the now lifeless butterfly falling to the ground in bits. He was furious at Rion; furious at Hawk Moth for causing so much hurt in Ladybug. With the final piece torn, Rions' body started to flow and burst into a flash of light before totally disappearing.

Ladybug's eyes fluttered opened as she heard the movement of someone in the pocket of air incased in the ruble. She glanced up to green orbs staring right through her. Her stitchwork was ruined, now being torn in multiple places. The beautiful, elegant ladybug dress was completely teared and flushed with dirt.

Marinette got up dazed and confused of her surroundings. All she saw in the dark enclosure was Rion, who was pacing himself closure to her with each footstep.

"D-Don't come near m-me." She fixed her back against the wall to get as far away from the imposture as she could. Which was pretty stupid considering she couldn't go anywhere if he tapped her.

"Ladybug? It's me." Chat reached for her cheek to see her flinch as he got closer. He inwardly flinched himself before placing his cold gloves on her warm cheek. Marinette was shivering and pressing her spine against the rock so hard that he thought it could be hurting her.

"Hey, I-"

"No, no, no." Marinette repeated over and over again, her eyes searching a way around him.

She was terrified, that's all Adrien could think. Here was the strongest girl he knew, shivering and scared of her own partner. Rion must have done something to her so that she was mentally breaking down like this. Chat must have let a glare escape his conciliatory thoughts because Ladybug squirmed farther into the boulder.

"It's me, Marinette it's me." Chat put both hands on either side of her face, forcing her to look at him. Her real eyes were watery and bloodshot. It sent pangs of hurt through his chest.