The Parents; Part 2

Kristy's POV

*Flashback continued*

Seb and I sat down at in the booth at our favourite café. The waitress came over and took our order and left before I spoke to him.

"Speak."

"From the beginning?"

"Yes, now tell me everything. I'm here for you."

He took a deep breath before exhaling and looking down at the table.

"I'll tell everything if you don't speak while I'm telling you" I nodded. "It started a while ago actually, just before we first met I think. I had had an argument with Dad so while I let him calm down I went around to Taio's place. I came back the next morning as I didn't feel like going back that night. When I walked in I saw my Dad sitting in the chair by the door. He asked me where I was, and I replied trying not to lose my temper again. That was the first time he punched me." He stopped for a while when I gasped.

"That's continued for a while just a hit in the stomach or arm, for quite a while as I said it started before we met. But lately as I've been coming home late because I'm usually out with you or Taio, he's been getting rougher, I've been trying to hide it but it feels better having told someone."

"You mean you hadn't told ANYONE?" I asked angrily.

"No, I don't want anything to happen to Dad, I care too much about him."

"This is child abuse Sebastian, why wouldn't you tell me or your best friend for the matter?"

"Because I don't know how Taio would react and I knew you'd react like this."

"Why wouldn't you? I care about you Sebastian, I thought you felt the same, or something at least. I thought I trusted you."

"Kristy, don't be like this, I do trust you but this is my burden to bear alone."

"I'll let it slide, but the next time this happens you tell me, or I'm telling Taio."

"I promise Kristy."

"You better."

"And I do care about you Kristy, more than you know."

*End Flashback*

"Kristy?" Seb said. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"Seb, I have to be excused for a minute. I'm sorry. I'll be back; I just need some fresh air."

"No problem Kris, just don't ditch us." Seb said giving me a kiss on the cheek.

I walked out of the restaurant and onto the footpath outside; I got out my phone and decided to see if James could come and make me feel better, I dialled his number.

J: Hey, what's up with your date?

K: It's just some stuff about my past came up and I needed some fresh air, and a cheer up.

J: You want me to come and cheer you up?

K: Yes please babe.

J: No need to ask, be there soon.

K: I love you.

J: I love you more. Just wait out front. TAXI!

K Bye.

J: Bye.

I sat down on the seats outside and waited for James to get here.

"Mind if I sit down?"

I looked over and saw Kerry standing next to me.

"Sure, I'm actually waiting for someone."

"Your real boyfriend?"