Why Should I Bother?

Kristy's POV

Freya had finished doing my hair and makeup because I can't stand anyone else doing it and went and stood backstage watching the performances. April had had her go singing "Want U Back" by Cher Lloyd and everyone else went. It was down to the fifth place winner when I heard someone screaming. Not scared but playfully.

'Nathaniel, get back here now.' I heard Seb yell. All of a sudden a young boy dressed in a suit came around the corner and ran into me.

'Save Me!' He yelled.

'From who?' I asked him.

'Sebastian.' He replied.

'Nathaniel get back here. Mum is not going to be happy with you.' Seb said as he walked around the corner. 'Oh, Kristy, sorry about Nate. It's just he's very immature.' Seb greeted me.

'I have no idea where he'd get that from.' I said earning a glare from Seb. 'Wait is this the same Nate that was like six months old when we were going out, the first time I mean.'

'Yep. When I realised you were so good with kids. Nate do you remember Kris?'

'Yeah.' Nate replied, not really caring.

'Well this is her.' Seb said pointing to me.

'Kris?' Nate asked me.

'Yeah. Come and give me a hug.' Nate jumped up into my arms and I didn't even worry that I was in my dress I was performing in. He snuggled into my shoulder as I held him.

'Mum wanted to make you his godmother, you know? She really misses you. She hasn't had a girl so she always thought of you as a daughter.' Then I heard light snoring.

'Hey where is your Mum? Nate's fallen asleep.'

'Just hand him over.' Seb said putting out his hands.

'No, I'll take him. Anyway I still have three people till it's my go anyway. I have time to go and visit your Mum. I haven't seen her since this dude was a baby.'

'Okay, I'll you to her.' Seb lead me out of side stage and into the audience.

James' POV = 5th of October night.

'Miss me, cousin?' I heard the man asked.

'Blake?' I asked back wiping my eyes. 'What are you doing here?'

'I heard you were in town and wanted to visit. So I called Aunt J and she told me you were going through a hard time at the moment, with your girlfriend. So I came to be your male counterpart.' He said.

'Thanks.' I yawned. 'Can we go back to your hotel room? My ex is in the room next to me.'

'Sure, come on mate.' He put his arm around my shoulders and guided me out of the theatre.

We went to his hotel room and I sat down on the couch, and after making me some coffee he came and sat next to me.

'So what happened?' Blake asked.

'I might as well start from the beginning.' I huffed before tell the whole story of Kristy and I.

'Whoa, man. Look, you need to speak to her. Make her understand what happened. I'll be there for you.' Blake said comfortingly.

I wrote Kristy a letter before going to sleep.

Next Morning…

I woke up at seven in the morning to go back to my room without the chance of seeing Kristy. I got to the foyer and gave the letter to the doorman.