Chapter 14: Truth

I walked out of the bathroom one night after a show. I had been dancing and became really sweaty and stinky. Muscles hurt and I was tired so I wanted to do feel some hot water rushing down my skin and relax.

I was dabbing my head with a towel when I walked into the room. Michael was sitting on my side of the bed with a book in his hand. I suspiciously walked closer to him to see exactly what it was that he was reading." What the hell are you doing?"

He jumped and let out a small scream. He dropped the book in front of his feet."Nothing!" he said quickly, his face was turning beet red.

I looked down at the book and realized what it was." Michael!" It was my notebook that I wrote everything in from my notes for my stories to the poems I mindlessly write when I was bored." Lsso é pessoal."

He gave me a clueless look." What?"

I sighed and picked it up." That's personal!" I translated.

" I'm sorry," He said with apologetic look." I got bores and it was just sitting there so I-"

"You decided to read without my permission?" I asked with an attitude.

" I was only flipping through pages, most of them from stories that you already made me read. But then I came across something."

I turned my head slightly to the left and raised my eyebrow.

He chuckled." God, your cute when you do that."

My expression changed to complete disgust."What did you find?"

"This picture of Anna and Luther." He handed it to me.

I looked down at the old photo of them. Luther looked happy for once in his life, this was right before Anna had abandoned us, before he had found it that I wasn't his, before his soul died and was buried some place cold.

" I found this poem that you wrote, its called Reflections."

"Why did you read that?" I ask as I sat down in the chair.

"It caught my attention and it was pretty good."

I shook my head and rested my it on my head." That wasn't a poem. I mean, you could call it that but to me it was more of a....song." I said the word dryly. It nearly made my skin crawl.

I could feel his eye lighting up even though I had mine closed."Is that what that was?! He asked.

I nodded.

It was silent for a moment. I could hear him laying across the bed, towards my side. He grabbed my leg that was proposed up on the top and began rubbing it." Can you sing it for me?"

I opened one of my eyes." Why, its nothing like the songs you write."

"I doesn't have to be like mine, its like yours, and that's all that matters."

I creased my face in pain." I don't want to."

" Come on, please." He moved closer towards me and began tickling my thighs.

I couldn't help but to start laughing." Stop, I'm not going to sing it." I kicked him away from me." Its bad enough that make me sing in front of all those people."I said then rolled my eyes.

He sat up in the bed and pulled me unto the bed with him." Why do you lie to yourself?"

"What?"

"Why do you lie to yourself?" He reached and pulled a long price of my hair out from all the rest. " You make excuses saying that you don't want to sing but deep down inside you do."