Chapter 1:FAME

"Is you father still alive or..." A girl with long curly blonde hair and big crystal blue eyes asked. Her face was creased with curiosity. I was standing in the middle of an advanced collage English class, about to get ready and talk to them about my latest book that I had written called FAME which was about the pros and cons of fame and why some of the biggest stars turns to drugs or alcohol abuse and eventually end up dieing in the end.

"Sorry, Sara but, Dr. Morrison is here to talk about her book Fame, do you have any questions about that?? " Professor Gordan asked.

I laughed." Yes, he's alive and well thank you." I said answering her question." How many of you have not read my book FAME I asked. Only a handful raised their hands."Well this book is about what is lying behind the doors of those huge super stars that we all know and love. Some are actresses some are singers, it doesn't matter they all go through the same thing's as far as the media, having rumors made about them and the fact that there's always someone who wants money, you know things of that nature. A lot of them don't know how to handle it and they turn to drugs and alcohol to heal the pain." I spoke well enough foe them all to understand fully, not that they wouldn't, I mean there wasn't anything confusing about it.

" So is it true that you based the story off your fathers life? " Asked a black girl with shoulder length brown hair.

"Well..." I said in high pitched tone of voice." I don't like talk about him much but yes he was kind of my inspiration to right this book."

"Umm ma'am, how is fame life for you? " This time I couldn't see this ones face, this one had a hood on and a cap under it, which wasn't odd considering the fact that it was freezing outside in the New York city streets. But I didn't think it was necessary.

" What do you mean? " I asked as I took a sip of my coffee.

" I mean how are you holding up? Your books are really intelligent and I'm sure you have a lot of fans out there, how do you handle it? "

I smiled." Well, first of all, I'm a lot different from the average celebrity like I talk about in my book, I can go out easily and not be mobbed by crazy fans and what not, versus celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Ray Charles, Michael Jackson, all of those couldn't do things like us normal people can."

He or she just simply nodded and sat back in their chair.

"Are there any further questions?" Professor Gordan asked.

They all shook their heads.

"Alright, I think you all for your time then." I said, smiling from cheek to cheek. They all clapped as I gathered my things and headed out the door.

Once I was in the hall I took deep breathes, breathing in and exhaling slowly. As much as I loved my job one thing I hated was talking in front of people. Even if it was a bunch of Juniors in collage and some creepy guy with really high pitched voice , I couldn't help but wonder who that was.

I sighed and began walking down the hall, listening to my heels clicking with every step.

"Ms. Theresa!!!!!!!" I heard someone calling my name.

I turned to see my assistant and best friend Shelby running towards me.

"There's some one who wants to meet you in the dinner." She said her green eyes glistening in the sunlight that was beaming out of the large windows on the side of us.

"Who? " I asked, with a slight of frustration, I really need to go talk my dad.

She shrugged."I don't know, all they said was it's some one special so i suggest you go see him."She said.