Chapter 11: I Want You

I stood in the hotel room holding the phone to my ear, my hand grip was so tight on it that I could literally feel my veins popping up. I grabbed the phone base and began pacing back and forth."Theresa?" she said in an uneasy tone.

I took a deep breath, trying to drain all the frustration off of me."What?" I asked through my teeth. I was on phone with Kelsi. I had know idea as to how she even found out I was back in New York or how she found out what hotel Michael and I was staying, if didn't know any better I would think that she was literally stalking me.

"How long it going to take for you to answer me?"

I cocked my head to the side and squinted my right eye." I don't know, it depends on how long it takes me to wrap my head around this."I said."Let me get this straight, you want me to give you two thousand dollars, right?"

"Yeah."

"But you won't give me a reasonable explanation as to why I would give you that amount of money?" I laughed because I thought it was a silly. Then I grew serious again."Why do you need that kind of money, Kelsi?"

The line went quiet, all I could hear was her breathing, I could picture what she would probably look like at that moment. Her big brown eyes darting from side to side. Her mouth pulled into a frustrating smirk. Her short eyebrows frowning as hard as they could.

"Hello?" I was waiting patiently for an answer.

"Look, I need it because I owe a lot of money to some one and-"

"Wait, wait, wait." I sat down on the bed and tested my elbows on my knee." You mean to tell me that you owe two grand to somebody and expect me to...give it to you?" I asked as I dug my hands in my hair.

"Well, yeah..."

I rolled my eyes. " Oh my God!" I was up again pacing back and forth again, this time more fast, taking longer and harder steps." Kelsi Maria Morrison, have you lost your mind? What did you do, who do you owe this money to?"

"I-It doesn't matter, I need by summer of next year."

I stood there for a moment. Then plopped back on the bed." What is this money for?"

"I said it doesn't matter."

" Well if it doesn't matter then it doesn't matter if I give you the money."

"It does!"

" Then why won't you tell me?"

She let out a dramatic sigh." Can't you just trust you big sister for once?"

I sat up and stared at the wall. She has got to be kidding, I thought. " Big sister?" I asked then gave her a bitter laugh." Right now, your acting like a little sister."

" Theresa I can't tell you, okay?"

" You can't tell me?" .

" I mean I could but, you would freak."

" Why would you ask me if you knew I would freak out?"

" Because your the only one who could get it for me."

I shot a disgusted look. I didn't know what she had going on but she was really making me sick with her secretiveness." Kelsi, I won't give you a penny of my money if you don't tell me why you need it."

" Why is it so important that you know?"

I shot a disgusted look."Um, because its my money that your asking for, that's why its important for me to know." I explained with an attitude.

"Could you-" she let out a frustrated sigh."Could you just give me the money, its the least you can do."

"Its the least I could do?" She said it like I owed her something.