Chapter 9: Liberian Girl

November 1986

"Baby, come on!" He said as he walked up to me and grabbed my hips."You have to move them like this." he began moving hips up and down with his hands. We were standing in his dance studio and he was making me test my dancing skills out on one of his demos called Liberian Girl.

I rolled my eyes and pushed his hands off if me." Michael I'm trying."

He looked at me and smirked."No your not, you have more potential that you give yourself recognition for, you have to get it right for the video and the tour."He pulled closer to me."Come on, baby do it for me "

"I never agreed to go on tour with you." I said as I crossed my arms across my chest, raising my eye brow stubbornly.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't know anything about touring all the way around the world, and performing is something completely out of the question. "

"Terri, please. I can't go two years with out seeing you and you are one of the sexiest dancers I've seen."He moved closer to me, this time making us only a few inches from each other."Please..."he started kissing me on my neck and my cheeks, saying please between each kiss.

I started laughing."Stop!" I said as I tried to push him off of me. He wouldn't budge. He had been bugging me about going on tour with for months and I always gave him the same answer ' I'll think about it.' and each time I would say that he would continue to bug me, and it was becoming pretty annoying. He had been making me practice a dance routine for the Liberian Girl video, He said that he was thinking about making two. He hadn't yet decided. I pushed his face away from mine."Why can't I just go with you and camp out in your hotel rooms?"

He shook his head." I'm sorry but I'm not about to let all that talent go to waste." he said then gave me a peck on the lips.

"So your forcing me to do it?"

He smiled at me sheepishly.

"Ugh, you make me sick." I said as I pulled away from him. "Can you you dance with me?" I asked.

He shook his head. " Nope, I want to see you get it right first."he said as he started walking away, I watched as he flipped the white towel over his shirt and bend down over the radio and pressed the rewind button. He was so sexy to me. I felt the smile on my face.

I drew in a long breath and exhaled as the music came on. " Naku Penda Piya-Naku Taka Piya-Mpenziwe." I said in the sexiest voice I can pull off.

As started the routine I actually tried as hard as I could putting my interpret dance skills and a touch of belly dancing skills. Michael sat in a chair and watched. His expression was unreadable. I waited for him to cut off the music again and notify me that I was doing something wrong but that didn't happen.

' Naku Penda Piya-Naku Taka Piya-Mpenziwe." I said again as I moved my hips in circular motions like he showed me. He smiled for second which told me then that I was doing it right. As I moved on with routine I began getting sweatier, my muscles growing tight every time I let my legs fall into a split. It was then that I realized that I missed dancing and being yelled at by my dance instructor. I had just now started doing it but that was only because of Michael.

' Liberian Girl

You Know That You Came

And You Changed My World,

I Wait For The Day,

When You Have To Say

"I Do,"

And I'll Smile And Say It Too,

And Forever We'll Be True

I Love You, Liberian Girl,