Chapter 6: Its Too Late To Apologize

"So.."

I glanced up at Shelby who had a suspicious smile planted face. "What?"

"What's up with you and Michael," she asked."I know you've been talking to him on the phone." We were sitting at the diner for lunch break and as usual Shelby was going on and on about her boyfriend. Finally when just simply ran out of things to say she just looked at me with that look I dreaded to see and said that one word ' So '.

I rolled my eyes."There's nothing going on with Michael and I, we're just friends."

She then raised her eyebrow at me giving me that she gave me anytime she was talking about some thing utterly disgusting." Friends with benefits..."

"Oh my God, no."I said."Friends, that's it. Nada." I said, adding my native Portuguese language.

She rolled piercing green eyes to the ceiling and looked back at me." Just friends, huh?"

I nodded."Yes."

She snickered and took a sip of her soda."Sure."she said doubtfully. I hated it when she did that. It was so annoying."We'll see how long that lasts?"

I frowned my eyebrows at her." What do you mean by that?"

"Dude, I saw the way he was looking at you when you first met him, and I sdaw the way he was looking at you in Tennesee, he has a thing for you."She said with a huge smile spreading across my face.

I gave her a bitter laugh and shook my head."No, the only person he has a thing for is Diana Ross."

"Diana Ross?!"She exclaimed as if it was just that hard to believe."Whatever, she is way to old for him, i don't care if they went to the American Music Awards and the Grammy's Together. Or whatever else. Diana don't-"

"Wait what?"

She smirked at me"How can you not know that they went there together?"She asked."Luther was there."

"And, what's your point?"

She stared at me for a long moment then shook her head."The point is, Diana only see MIchael as a friend almost like a son, she even said so herself."

"Well he sure have some feelings for her."I mumbled amongst myself and began playing with the food on my plate.

She raised her eyebrow at me again." You seem jealous."

I glanced up at her."Oh, I am not jealous."

"Oh you are so Jealous."

I didn't feel like arguing with her so I just rolled my eyes and pushed my food to the side. I honestly didn't feel like having that conversation with her, and I didn't feel like listening to her tell me about that was being jealous that Michael had a crush on a woman half his age. That was something I defetnitly wasn't about to do. I began playing with a piece of my long black hair. I looked down at my watch."Oh I have to go, I have an appointment in ten minutes." I said as I stood up and grabbed my bags.

"I suggest you call Michael and try to start some romancing and things."She said with a mischevious smile.

I wrinkled my nose at her and just shooed her off as I began walking out of the diner and into the elevator I was the only one in there which I loved. As the doors closed I began thinking about Michael his face had seemed to come in my mind many times a day. His dashing smile, those big chocolate brown eyes. is soft brown baby face. I had never been so attracted to anyone before, Never in my life. I seemed so intoxicated when I thought about him. The sound of his name brought a smile to my face. And if he was ever in my presence that was a completely different story.

I don't know what made me think I could ever be with him. He deserved some one who was,, I don't know. like Diana Ross. Drop dead gorgeous. Someone he could share his fame with. That wasn't with me. That's something i could absolutely never be.

The doors of the elevator opened. I sighed and began walking towards my office. "Dr. Morrison?"

I turned to see Emily, the desk clerk. She was smiling back at me with her glasses sitting on her nose."Yes?"I asked.

"Your next client is already in your office."She said.

I nodded."Okay, thanks." I turned and started heading for my office, when I walked in I went straight to my desk and began flipping threw my files not even looking up to see who it was."I'm sorry I'm late I just got held up during lunch break."I said.

"It's okay." I heard a strong Brazilian accent say. I looked up to see her sitting there in the chair with her legs crossed.

I stood up straight."What are you doing here?"

"Look I'm sorry, but this was the only way I knew to get to you."

"What do you want?"I asked.

She sighed."Look, I know you probably pissed off at me at this moment but-"

"Oh I'm far from pissed off, the right phrase is mad as hell>"

"I guess I deserved that."she said.

I walked over to her."Why did you leave us?"I asked.

"Because, I wasn't wanted in there and Lu-"

"I wasn't wanted in there either, you left me in a hell hole and you just come back telling me that you want me to meet my biological father whom I honestly don't give to fucks about."I exploded."Why didn't you just take me with you, You know Luther don't care about me."

She looked down at her feet trying not to make eye contact with me."It's complicated, Theresa."

I looked at her as if she was crazy and gave her careless laugh."It's complicated?"

She only nodded.

"Did you see Luther."I asked as I sat down in my chair.

There was a glare in her eyes and she looked away." Yes, I did." I could tell that she was hurt by the state he was in."He practically cursed me out, said he didn't want anything to do with me."

"I wonder why."I said sarcastically.

She looked away."I'm sorry, I-"

"It's too late to apologize."I said then walked over to my desk and began flipping through my files again."Why are you here, in my office." I asked.

"I wanted to come tell you that Damien wants to meet you."She said softly."We're going to meet at a restaurant on the other side of town."

I cut my eyes up at her."Who the hell is Damian?"

"Your father."

I stared at her for moment as if she had something weird growing out the side of her neck."And you expect me to come?"

"Well, of course." She said."He's your father."

That word shot a pain through my heart. My father. I thought." What makes you think I would want to come meet a man who you cheated on Luther with and lied to him and me for years and then after that you leave me with him just to go live with that man?"I asked."I'm sorry, but no thanks."

"I know your angry, but he's actually making an effort to meet you, and your little sister, our little sister wants to-"

My head shot up."My little what?"I asked.

She smiled up at me."Your little sister, her name is Angel. She's just turned thirteen and looks a lot like you."

I couldn't believe what I had just heard. She left me with Luther and go lives with my so called father and have another daughter? Who does that? this is the most assanine crap I've ever heard in my life.I slowly stood up and walked over to the door."You tell my father I said I don't want anything to do with you, him or that girl." I opened the door. "I think it's time you leave, I have patients waiting."

"Theresa-"

"Get out."