Chapter 12: Reflections

My eyes cracked open slightly as the New York sun beamed in through the tall window on the side of the room.

I closed them back and tried to breath in exactly what had happened to me. Was it all a dream? Or was it reality? There was a small bird out side the window singing a sweet sweet song. I smiled warmly at it as I stretched out my legs and let out a soft yawn.

I rolled over to my other side towards him. He was sleeping; snoring lightly lost in his dream. He looked so beautiful, pieces of his hair was in his face, flowing down to the pillow. His soft thin lips were parted allowing air to flow in and out as he slept. I reached toward his face and removed the pieces of hair from his face. I liked it better when he kept it all pulled back.

He didn't wake, his eyes stayed closed. He continued to snore lightly. I smiled again and caressed his soft cheek with my thumb. Still no sound of him. So I laid there and watched as he slept there. I listened to the songbird outside my window. The sun was rising higher and the shadows of the room was shifting towards his side of the room. The moment was so sincere it made my heart flutter.

I moved closer to him and once again inhaled the smell of his skin. He body temperature was warm but still soft. I kissed his forehead. He let out a quiet moan.

I giggled.

Just then the phone started ringing. My smiled faded and I reached over him being careful not to wake him up.

" Let it ring."

" What?"I asked.

He pulled me back and laid my head on how chest."Let it ring."

I smiled and looked up at him."What if its Frank?"

" He'll be alright," he said then a yawn followed.

I pushed myself on him and kissed his lips. Never minding the fact that we both had morning breath. I put my had under his chin and began kissing his neck. He pulled me off of him.

"Didn't you get enough of me last night?" he asked with a little laugh.

"I can never get enough of you, baby." I said as I started to kiss him again.

"I guess I should've known that, considering the fact that you bit me."

I stopped kissing him and looked up at him." I bit you?" I didn't remember myself ever biting him. I might have licked him once or twice, but biting?

He nodded." And scratched the crap out of my back."

My mouth dropped as the blood started stinging my cheeks.

He chuckled." There's no need to be embarrassed by that, I liked it."

I laughed at his reassurance.

The phone started ringing again. I gave him a look that said 'Are you going to answer that?' He rolled his eyes and took the phone off its base. " Hello...Oh hey Mrs. Lima..." My eyes widened. It was Anna calling. How the hell did they get access to this hotel room number. "...no, no.....she's right here... okay." he handed the phone to me." Its your mother."

I gave him an uh-duh look as I grabbed the phone from his hand."What?"

"That's no way to answer the phone towards your mother."

I rolled my eyes to the ceiling." What do you want, ma?"

She sighed." Your sister called me last night."

"And?"

"Theresa..."She sighed into the phone." Why won't you give her the money?"

I was really hoping I could go a day without dealing with my family drama." Because if I give it to her she's not going to learn from her mistakes and she'll keep doing the same crap she been doing, and besides she makes it seems like I owe her something and I don't."