Chapter 16: The Lady In My Life

Frank hated my guts. That's what I thought back then. I would tell Michael that too but he only laughed at me and me that he just didn't know how to handle me. Whatever his problem was I knew I wasn't his favorite person on this earth. I mean, I didn't care about it but at the same time I did. I did because he was with us during that tour and I had to see him everyday. He was at interviews. Today he and I don't talk much. I haven't heard from him at all to be completely honest but I do know that he and I had complicated relationship and just so everyone would know, I never had anything against him.

By the beginning of 1989 we had brought the tour Los Angeles California. Back home to be exact. In some ways I was glad that the tour was over but I also upset that we wasn't going to be doing anymore traveling. I loved going around the world and seeing knew things.

As far as Michael's relationship with me was concerned the world knew. He had confirmed in his interview with Jet Magazine back in '88, and it was by one simple question and him just answering it. The interviewer started asking questions about Liberian Girl and at one point he asked." Is there a Liberian Girl in your life?"

Michael simple said." No," And explained to him how the song came about, but the. he smiled and said." But there is a Brazilian Girl in my life." And that set it completely off, there were already pictures of us on the covers of Magazines and on the headlines of the newspapers with the questions and statements in big giant bold letters:

THE KISS THAT KNOCKED HIM OFF HIS FEET!

HIS LIBERIAN GIRL!!!

ARE THEY TOGETHER?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I was asked to have interviews and what not but I rejected them all. I honestly didn't feel comfortable with because I was gaining fame from him which was something that I was afraid of in the beginning, but as much as I tried not to there was photographers asking for photo shoots of me, people asking me to be in other videos. I wasn't sure if I should or not but apparently was "Sexy" on the eyes of society.

"Michael where are we going?" I was sitting the back of the limo staring at home, watching as he stared silently out the window.

He smiled." I told you it's your birthday surprise." He said.

"Birthday surprise my ass." I mumbled under my breath. I crossed my arms and pouted at him as if I was child.

" Don't say that, Terri."

I rolled my eyes and scooted over to him, placing my hand on his leg and my other one one the other side of his neck." Diga-me." I whispered in his ear.

I felt him shiver." As sexy as that sounds... I'm not telling you." he said the kissed the tip of my nose. He stared back out side the window.

I groaned and glanced out the other window. The road was dark and I couldn't see anything. We had been riding for about thirty minutes and with each minute my patience was raring away. I turned towards Michael and laid my head on his shoulder pretending to be asleep.

Somehow, as always, my family issues crept back into my brain. The problems that always seem to grow in. The fact that I didn't want to have anything to do with them was not in their eyes. Both my mother and my sister saw me as dollar signs, nothing more than that. Maybe that's why I loved being away from the country for so long. My mother never told me why she left me with them and started a whole new family with my biological father she just expected me to come back to her. My own sister acted as if she had something against me, like she was jealous or something and she only used me for my money. I never gave her the money to pay off her dealer, she got that from somewhere else and I honestly did not want to know how she got neither. I felt like a slave in their-