Chapter 10: Girl Friend

Michael's room always had music tapes and everything every where. He always had movies sitting on a table, a book shelf that only had photo albums. He was sitting on the bed unbuttoning his shirt."Are you mad?"

He looked up at me." Oh, no."

"The why'd you run out like that?"

He shrugged his shoulders."Got a little embarrassed, that's all."

"Why?" I asked as I placed my bag on his bed and pulled out the camera. I began snapping pictures of him." Are you ashamed to be with me?"

"No!"

I chuckled." Good." I said as I switched the camera to video mode. I pointed the camera directly at him." So Mr. Jackson, what do you love most in this world?"

He looked up and and pushed the camera away." Stop"

"You have to answer the question." I tried pulling off my best Oprah Winfrey voice I could

He rolled his eyes." Um, I have a lot of things that I love."

"Can't you give us one in particular?" I asked.

He looked at me then took the camera out of my hands and pointed it towards me."I'm looking right at her." he said."Her name is Theresa-" he cleared his throat." Dr. Theresa A. Morrison."

I smiled." Hmm, I heard that she wasn't considered a 'Dr.' anymore. She stopped being a psychiatrist a long time ago."

"Well I still think its sexy to call her Dr. Morrison."

I tucked my hair behind my ear."So is this Dr. Morrison like your wife, or your girlfriend...."

" She's my girlfriend." He said simply." Its time to ask you questions."How do you stay so gorgeous?"

" I have a boyfriend to stay gorgeous for."

He chuckled."Do you like dancing?"

I looked up at the ceiling deep in thought" A little."

"A little?"

"Yes a little."

He chuckled and put the camera down on the nightstand and out his arms around me. I snuggled up close to him and inhaled the sweet smell of his cologne. Something that I always did. It stirred up my emotions so much that it made me speechless. I picked up his hand and let out a small sigh.

"When are we going to tell the world about us?" he asked in a whisper.

I shrugged my shoulders." I should be asking you that."

"Well I mean, the world only thinks we're friends, my lawyers and manager. only think we are friends. The only people who knows about us is my family and only Josh knows on your side." he said.

"Well you chose for it to be that way," I said." Your the one who didn't want the press in our relationship."

"I know, I know." he said with a sigh." But I feel like we're keeping it a secret....like we're ashamed for them to know about us."

I looked up at him. He was staring at the ceiling and mindless my playing with my hair. " I'm not ashamed of anything."

"Then why don't you want to go on tour with me?" He asked.

"Michael I told why a million times before."

He shook his head." No you didn't, you always give me that same excuse. That you don't know anything about touring."

"And that's the truth."

" No its not, I've been teaching you for months now."

I rolled my eyes. I hated it when he was right. " Well it doesn't have anything to do with you."