Chapter 5: Call You Tonight

When I made it home I found myself crying my eyes out. I couldn't understand why she would just come out if nowhere, after all these years. It just reminded me of things used to be when I was younger. It just brought back the pain that had bundled up inside. I couldn't believe the fact that she would actually come back just so I can meet my father whom she had ran off with in the first place. What kind of state of mind was she in? She didn't honestly think I would go through with that did she? My relationship with her would always on the edge and it always would be, if she wanted to be apart of my brothers and sister's life again then fine, that's their business but I didn't want to be anywhere near her. I didn't want to breath the same as her, I didn't want to share the same DNA as her.

I cried myself to sleep that night and was woken up by the sound of the phone ringing. I sat up in the bed and picked up the phone hoping it wasn't any of my family members." Hello?"

"Terri?" I heard his sweet voice say.

I yawned and ran my fingers through my hair." Hey, do you know what time it is?" I asked.

" Umm its about 12: 00 midnight here," He said." Where you sleeping?"

"Yes I was, but I'm awake now."

"Oh good, I was getting bored, I just got off the stage not too long ago."

"Oh really, How was it?"

"It went well, There was a lot if people but I think I delivered well." He said." I end the tour in Memphis you know."

I couldn't help but smile."Really? Well you should come and visit me before you go back to California."

"I would love that, but you'd have to kidnap me from my brothers they can be a little ambitious."

"I can do that," I agreed. He sounded so cute over the phone. Although I liked him way better in person.

He chuckled"So how was your day?"

I let out a long sigh but didn't answer. The memories of my mothers visit soon started to haunt me.

"Uh-oh, what's wrong?"

I shook my head as if he he could see me."Nothing, It just wasn't really a good day."

"Why, what happened?"

" I'd rather not talk about it?"

"You know, you are the only phycologists I know that actually let things bother you."

I smirked into the phone." Have you even known one personally?"

The line went quiet for a moment, then he said, " No, I can't say that I do."

"So what makes qualified to make that sort of judgment?" I asked sounding much like one of my old college instructors.

"Uh, I don't know, it seems like all of them know how to deal with some of their problems."

I laughed." Well that's a huge misconception."

He only laughed then he let fade into the silence.

"So um," he said after about two minutes that seemed like forever. " Are you going to tell me?"

"Tell you what?" I asked dumbly.

"What happened today."

"Why are you so concerned as to how my day has gone?" I asked.

"Because I can tell that its really bothering you."he said so sweetly.

It made the hair on my neck stand up.