Chapter 13: Trust Issues and.....Dirty Diana?

"Theresa wait!" I knew he had become frustrated with me because he always called me Terri.

I picked up my pace as I walked down the hall. The sound of a piano playing grew in my ears. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into his arms. He then grabbed my face with his hands, forcing me to make full eye contact with him.

"Would you just listen to me?"he asked.

I turned my head the other way, shaking his hands off me. He let them fall to my waist. I looked the opposite direction, Jaslyn was no where in sight. I looked back at him and then stepped into his dressing room. He followed me inside, closing the door behind him. The room fell quiet and he just stared at me. I raised my eyebrow."Okay. Explain."

He sighed and threw himself in the chair." Okay first of all, I didn't kiss her-"

"But you just said back there-"

He held up his hand, cutting me off. "Can you please, just let me explain."

I looked towards the wall and leaned against the counter." Carry on." I said.

"I didn't kiss her. She kissed me."

I looked back at him." Okay..."

"On the night of the Grammy's I had a little too much to drink, so I honestly don't remember exactly what happened that night but I do remember getting out the shower and finding her in my room. I tried making her get out but she wouldn't move." He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands. " She kissed me, and I made her leave. I thought she would leave me alone and honestly that's what I thought she was doing when she stopped showing up for rehearsals, I didn't expect her to come today."

I waited for him to say something else be he just stared at me his big brown eyes filled with seriousness and concern."Why didn't you tell me about this before?" I asked.

"I forgot."

I gave him an 'Are you kidding me?' look." That's your excuse for everything. Tell me the real reason why you forgot." I demanded.

"Because you can be....overdramatic about certain things, and I know you have trust issues and-"

"Wait, since when did I have 'trust' issues."

He smirked and cocked his head to the side."I don't know, but for as long as I have known you I've noticed that you have trust issues."

"I do not have trust issues, Michael" I argued back.

"And now your denying it."

I rolled my eyes." So you mean to tell me that you didn't tell me because I'm supposed to have some kind of 'trust' issues?" I quoted the trust with my fingers.

He stood up and walked up to me." No, I didn't tell you because I'm the only one you trust and I know it seems like everyone has turned their backs on you, and I was afraid that you would think I was like those people."

I kept a hard expression on my face so u didn't seem to give in too easily." Why didn't you fire her sooner."

"I tried but no one could get in touch with her and then when somebody did she gave this story about somebody in her family being sick and I felt bad-"

I laughed." And you believed her?"

He shrugged his shoulders." Who would lie about something like that?"

"An overly obsessive son of a bitch, that's who!" I said with an attitude.

" Terri, be reasonable."

"Being reasonable has nothing to do with this situation. Its more of a professional matter," I said." And she, was not being professional at all. She was being a groupie." Then a smile stretched across my face against my will." She's your own personal Dirty Diana."