Part 2: Chapter 17: The 90s

1990s

Should I add more to this, or just leave it? I stood in the middle of my bed room, tapping my foot against the carpet, staring at the rose pedals that I had just spread all on the bed. I should add more....but then it will look too over the top. I sighed and reached into the bag and sprinkled about ten more pedals across the bed. I took two steps back and glanced at the bed." Perfect." I was a absolutely satisfied with what I was seeing.

Tonight was our second year anniversary and Michael was stuck in the studio for the day. He had complained about it the night before and I decided that I would do something special for him at the last minute. The room had taken on a totally new transformation. The candles set a sexy mood to the room. The rose pedals added a passionate setting. I had bottles of champagne sitting on the table that sat by the window in the bedroom. I walked over to it and took a small card that I had recently bought and a pen and wrote a letter:
Michael,

      Just wait. Lay down and wait. I'll be out in a second.

     -Terri

I sat the card in front of the bottles and walked into the bathroom, heading towards my closet. Getting down on my knees I pulled open on of the drawers at the very bottom and glanced inside. A rush of uncertainty came over me and I grabbed the phone and began dialing Leslie's number. I started looking through everything as the phone went through a series of rings.

"Hello?" I heard her say.

"I need something to wear."she had already knew what I was planning because I had told her all about it the day before. She actually gave me ideas as to what to do.

She laughed." All that lingerie you own and you can't find anything?"

"He's seen me in all of these."

"What about that black and brown one you bought last month?"

"I was saving that for Valentine's Day." I said as I  held up a black see through veil top. I threw it to the side and pulled out a lacy one.

She sighed. " Well I suggest you either mix and match or put on that one, I don't know what to tell you, Chica."

I sat back and looked at the one I had just bought, the tags was still dangling from it . I heard the door open and I got panicky. " Shit, I think he just walked in." I stood up and grabbed off the floor. "I gotta go."

After hanging up I pulled off my silk rob and began changing to the whole set. I could hear his food steps make up the stairs and heading closer to the door. I hears him call my name but  I didn't answer. I quickly fixed my hair. I stepped into my six inched heels and sprayed some perfume on me.

"Terri?" I heard him say as he opened the door." I know-" his words hung in the air and I knew he had saw my work. I waited until I heard him sit on the bed before I actually cracked the door open and stuck my head out. I gave him a cheeky smile.

"Close your eyes." I said.

He raised his eyebrow at me." Terri, I-"

"Close them." I said softly.

He sighed and closed them for me. I smiled and walked out of the bathroom. I walked towards him and then began removing the pieces of hair from his face." I know you wanted to do something today but the company wouldn't allow you so I decided to do something for you." I said then began in buttoning his shirt.