Chapter XXXXXVII ~ Thonia

"Jack!" I was surprised to see my brother sitting behind the tinted helmet. "I though you're—"

He started the engine of the motor bike by rolling the handlebars and handed another helmet from between his legs to me. "Hop in! There is still our whole lives to explain but only minutes left before this once-in-a-lifetime event ends." I hopped behind him, not minding how terrified I was of motor bikes. I closed my eyes to forget where I really was, ignoring the constant punctures of the wind into my skin or the way my hair sliced my face or the nauseating feeling everytime Jack overtook a turn.

For brief seconds, I was not sure if I was dreaming; what if I was already sleeping on the backseat of the plane on the way to England and all of these were merely a dream, but I was sure of one thing: I wanted to see my friends, my school, my teachers-and, of course, Joshua. The rain started to pour but we did not care. I did not care. There were far more important things than my phobia or getting wet; that was the possibility of losing them forever without giving myself a goodbye. Another glance was enough.

Despite all, I opened my eyes and removed the shade of the helmet on my head. We shotgun to the school taking the road I used to go to each day for the past years, same pavement glittered with puddles of rain, same streetlights with almost peeled paint, same small buildings and houses, same sky and under the same sun. Before, they were just normal, usual things that I saw each day. They somehow had become part of me. Now, they would become memories, something that I would simply hold on to at the back of my mind with memories I had shared with everyone I would leave behind. Tears started to fall from my eyes as the rain poured from the endless darkening sky.

As we entered the main gate of our school, I removed my helmet and the rain now wet my hair. "Thones, I'll meet you here after ten minutes, just ten minutes. We still have to catch your flight." He slowed down infront of the school auditorium. I got off the motorbike before he even completed the break and hugged him. "Thanks, Jack. I love you!"

I looked at the watch Josh gave me and knew that this would be the longest ten minutes of my entire life...