Chapter XXII ~ Joshua

Nicole's birthday was in a huge club in the nearby city. I had to borrow one of the five cars parked at home. The one without any PharmaSilva logo stickers. It was a white mini luxury car, not an office transportation vehicle. The GPS got me roaming around the city, into narrow streets. I should have just rented a cab because I wasn't familiar of the place. Considering the club was a little famous, I got there not too late.

My friends didn't even know I was coming. All I said was "I don't know," and "You'll see me there when I came." In the end, I was there. All present. I showed the invitation I got and the bouncer let me in, not caring I was below eighteen.

The atmosphere was full of alcohol and smoke, things I hated. Yes, I drink alcohol but not too much, I got a trauma after what happened when I was fourteen. The memory was fuzzy, but I knew what happened.

Most people were from my school. Seniors, Juniors, even Freshmen were here. I was looking for the Strawberry blonde, but Nikki was nowhere. My friends seemed impossible to find here also. The crowd were nuts. A girl with the waitress uniform went to me with a tray of glowsticks. Red, Green and Yellow.

"Glow sticks," the waitress smiled. "Red for not interested, green for taken, and yellow for single." Oh. I remembered having this in one of the school's parties I attended. Without choosing, the waitress handed me the green glow stick and walked away.

"Wait!" I called her and returned the stick. "I'm not taken."

"Really? Sorry. You look like any girl will fall for." She apologized and handed me the yellow one.

I shook my head and took the red glow stick. "I'll have this."

"Okay," she nodded and frowned.

I banded the glow stick on my wrist and went to get a punch. I bumped a girl. "Sorry," I said. Instead of getting angry, she smiled and winked at me.

Geez, I already felt dizzy. "Joshua! You're here." Trish said holding two paper cups. "You look cute in the dim lights." She stumbled.

"Trish, I think you're drunk." I steadied her.

"No, no. I just came here." She snorted. "That Nicole always got everything! Even you! I hate her! I hate her!"

"Okay, you sit down for a while." I led her to the nearest chair and stood beside her, looking for her companion. I didn't know her well but I couldn't just leave her alone here. It was in my conscience since I found her.

"Are you with someone when you got here?" A waiter was holding a tray full of glass water. I got one. For a moment, throwing the water in her face would be a best way to wake her up from drunkness, but that would be embarassing. And even though there was a rumor that she had a crush on me, doing something like that was unforgivable.

"No one is with me. I am alone, Josh. Not even myself wants to be with me." She sobbed. This was getting worse.

"Josh?" Kennard walked to me with Alex in her arms.

"Oh my gosh," Alex checked Trish's temperature. "She's drunk."

"What are you doing with her?" Kennard asked.

"I saw her and she was saying crazy things. I couldn't leave her."

"Good decision, Josh." Alex helped her get up. "We're going to the comfort room, Trish."

"Are you sure?" Kennard supported her and held Trish's arms.

"No one will help her."

"Trish!" The girl with Trish before ran to help. "What happened? Are you insane?"