Chapter XXXXII ~ Thonia

The next morning I woke up with hangover from last night's party. I slept on a tent with Asaila, Cel and Alex. I stretched my arms and yawned. The other girls were still asleep. I unzipped our tent and almost stepped on the very close waves.

"Goodmorning!" Kris greeted while she carried silverwares for the breakfast.

"Goodmorning," I said and wiped my face.

"You were awesome last night."

"Thanks," I smiled. "You need help?"

"No, no, it's alright." She walked away.

"Kris," I called her back. "Can we swim?" I pointed my thumb to the water.

"I'm not sure..." She frowned. "Ask Mister Silver or Daisy."

"Okay." I replied and went to the closest 'Mister Silva' I knew. I walked to the other side of the camp where the boys were, passing soft and gentle snores from the nearby tents. The sand went in my shoes so I removed my shoes and walked with my bare feet.

I was about to check the tents one by one to find Josh, not minding how indecent things I might see inside, but Fredd went out from one of the larger tents. "What are you doing here?" He asked with surprise.

"Where did Josh sleep?"

Fredd smiled maliciously. "Why? What are you planning to do, huh?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "I just wanna ask something, don't be so pervert."

Fredd laughed. "Even if you have planned something, you can't because he is inside with other guys."

"I will just ask something." I repeated and came closer. Fredd pulled his large bag out of the tent. "Where are you going?" I asked. "Help?" I offered.

"No need," he said and smiled. "Gotta go, bye!" He rushed into the trees.

I peeked in the tent and pretended to knock on the hard cloth. "Goodmorning." No one answered just constant snores and sleep murmurs. Inside there were Gabe, Stephen, Kennard and Josh all asleep. I went to Josh who lay on a sleeping bag nearest to the door and sat down. I reached for the flashlight on his side and turned it off. He was so peaceful that I regretted coming there to wake him. I lay, facing him and brushed his messy hair and kissed his forehead. For minutes I just stayed there and stared at his face. I was so thankful for having him, thankful that he had spent time walking by my story and choosing to stay. He suddenly shifted and opened his eyes. He sat and wiped his eyes. I, too, sat and grinned. "Goodmorning," I said.

"Who are you?" he asked while knitting his eyebrows.

"Thonia, of course. Do you expect other girl to be beside you when you wake up?" I raised a brow and locked his upper head in between my hands. He continued to stare at me with knit his brows. "I'm lying. You're just hallucinating. I'm not here and you're still dreaming, don't wake up or I'll go away."

He touched my hand and grinned. "Sure, I won't wake up as long as you're here." I leaned to kiss him but he stopped me by pushing my shoulder away. "Just a sec, I have to make sure you're not Fredd."

"You kissed me last night after the concert, before we went to our own tents." His face was so close to mine then he smiled and kissed me.

"What are you doing here? Where is Fredd?" He asked.

"Fredd went out with his bag. I don't know where he is going and I am afraid he will try to go home alone." I told him. "I'm just here to talk to Mister Silva about swimming."

"Swimming?"

"Yes." I said. "We are so close to the water and it is very tempting."

Josh nodded. "And what do you want to do with temptations?" He asked with a grin.