Chapter XXXIII ~ Thonia

I wanted to ask where Christina was, but I would seem desperate even for Fredd, she must be waiting inside already. I heard that her mother worked with the Silva's company, they must be rich and managed to drive here with her own luxury transportation vehicle. "Shall we?" Because of my reverie I did not notice Fredd opened my door and offered his hand again.

Enough insecurities! This is your night, Thonia. Make it special.

"Thanks," I said and went out. The school was full of lights from the outside especially on the left side where our Function Hall was located. I clung my arm in his and greeted him. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you." He winked.

"How old will you be? Nineteen? Eighteen?" I asked.

"Eighteen," he said.

"Oh, so I am also older than you."

He smirked. "Yes, ate."

The Function Hall wasturned to a beautiful party hall. We usually use this place for events, fairs, and other school-related parties, and this time, it magically turned to a ball room with dim lighting, fancy tables and a white grand piano beside the stage.

There was a program at the beginning with song numbers from students and messages from the administrators. There was also a cotillion dance number. After that, there was the awarding of best gowns, Couple of the Night, and the annually anticipated Faces of the Night. Asaila won best dress but Rheid Ezekiel Talaran, the president of the dance troupe won the male award, not Arthur.

When the first part ended, we were to spend the rest of the second part dancing and eating. "Can I have this dance?" Fredd stood infront of me and smiled.

"It will be my pleasure to," I said and we went to the dance floor and danced. It was awkward at first because we really did not know where to put our hands. After glancing at other couples, we figured it out.

I was definitely not in my mood. I had not seen Joshua since he went out of the car. What worried me more was that I still had an obligation to make an article about this. What to write?

"Still thinking about Joshua?" Fredd must've noticed.

I looked at our feet swaying. "I have to make a news article about this with him. I didn't know what to write."

"You're a great photo journalist, just write what you captured."

"I left my camera at home because Gabe said he'll take charge, just until now I can't see him."

He smiled calmly. "Don't be so anxious, come on. It's my birthday in few hours."

"Alright, alright." I smiled for him. We danced and followed the rhythm of the slow and nostalgic song. "Honestly, you grew up since the first time we met. Not that crazy clown anymore, huh?"

"How many inches did I grow?" He smirked at his own joke. "Me? A clown? Well I guess your dream sister-in-law influenced you a lot."

"May?" I laughed. "Yes, somehow."

"You know," he said after a while. "One thing I've learned from my recent break up is that you should tell a person what you want to say because it can be too late." He shrugged. "Well, you probably knew that already."

"I know but I couldn't." I admitted. "I was good in giving advices to others but if it was me caught in the middle, I just couldn't face it anymore. I wanted to melt. Just melt and disappear."

Fredd touched my hand on his shoulder and squeezed it. "Let that be your birthday gift for me, Thony. Talk to him." I did not say anything because I did not want to promise I would or swear I would not. I just closed my eyes and rest my chin on his shoulder. It turned out we almost had the same height with my heels.