Chapter XXX ~ Thonia

Author's Note:

This chapter was made possible with the help of @missgoodtrip. 

~

"Double kill."

Those were Asaila's first words when I told her about what I saw in the mall. And she was right. I was like a weak character in Metacosmos that Bral could knock out and double kill. I was getting over with Rick, but just when I thought I had someone new did I realize I was hurt by a more painful obstacle of life.

"You know, maybe I was right before. I couldn't have a love life or such right now. I have to focus on my studies and family. Yes, that's it." I said while opening the latest issue of Guinness Book of World Record that I randomly picked from the library self, I furiously scanned through the pictures without reading their captions.

"Did you really know who she is? You don't, right? Therefore, why are you acting like that? Talk to him!" Asaila's purportedly whisper did not turn out successful. We received glares from students on other tables including the Librarian with bun-style hair filled with strikes of silver because of age.

I sent her an apologetic smile but my friend did not seem to mind other people and acted it was just her and I in the library. "Quiet, A!" I hissed. "I am fully aware that it is painful, extremely painful, but it's not the end of the world for me. You don't need to shout and tell everyone about it." She sighed and returned to read a fashion magazine with the 15th century theme.

"You know, I was amazed by how we were able to live in two centuries and two decades, not literally but technically." She said while scanning. I knew she loved fashion and such, but reading magazine from centuries ago was not like her.

"What's that, huh?" I asked, trying to remove Joshua-shits from my mind. The whole hiding from him went on for the whole week. During breaks, I would hide in the deepest corners of the library and read. Yep, I did not eat lunch.

She lowered the book from her nose and looked at me with humor. "A magazine?" She raised a brow.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Hell, I know what it is; I was asking what is with it that you're reading." I thought I said it a little harshly because we got the center of attention once again in the library.

"Chill, Thony." Asaila laughed and gestured her hands down. Her curls were bounced a little. "You should have just asked why. Anyway, didn't you know?"

I waited for her to continue but then I realized she was waiting for my answer to the blurry question. "No, I didn't because you still haven't told me."

She smirked and rolled her eyes this time. Jeez, our friendship indeed was full of eye-rolling, would not be complete without. "Heard about the school dance? It is coming soon. We better prepare our dresses."

School dance? Ohh, I remembered! It was the bet I had with Joshua before. "Yeah, heard it before. But why... too old? Are you planning to look retro?"

She flipped the mag covers and showed me a lady model wearing a long red velvet gown. "See this? You will wear this. It will look perfect on you."

I got the magazine and turned the pages. The gowns were all gorgeous and gregarious, but I noticed the smiles from the models. They were not real smiles, some were not even smiling like they were in different world, a mean and prideful world. I stared at the gown she was pointing at me and complained. "The corset is too huge. I could not carry that kind!"

"Well," she snatched the magazine again and shrugged. "No choice. Everyone will wear that kind of dress or they will feel out-of-place."

"Is it the theme?" I asked.