Prologue

Dedication

"Love was a story you couldn't compare..."

To the wonderful people who completed my high school life. (I won't forget you)

Prologue

"You have heard of chemistry between people or the chemistry of a sports team. Well,attraction and attachment, as much as we hate to admit it, doesn't come from the heart. It comes from subconscious feelings. Love is about how the other person makes you feel. The fact of the matter is that love involves non-verbal reactions--synaptic (chemical) connections within our brains--despite how unromantic that sounds.* Well, that was what the internet said."

I could hear my teacher discussed something inside the room. Number one rule in highschool: Never be late, especially if your teacher was a little grumpy. But you could not tell when they would not be.

I straightened up my uniform--tie and sleeves--then sighed. Chemistry wasn't my great period for Monday. Had a bad record for breaking a couple of lab equipment.

The doorknob felt cold in my touch. I was about to open it when a door, three skips infront of where the room I was about to open, burst. A girl with strawberry blonde hair came out holding a notebook which she was raising. Seconds after, another girl, with bangs and shoulder-length brown hair, dashed to the first one.

"Give that to me, Nikki!" The second girl shouted.

"Tell me the story first!" The first girl laughed. I could tell she was beautiful. The way her face glowed as she laughed a sweet sound. See, she was so beautiful I hadn't noticed the door was already ajar.

"Silva!" my old chemistry teacher scolded. She woke me up from my trance. "Traffic? Raining? What other reasons do you have today, Joshua?"

"Ma'am," I tried to answer. Hell, could I just say because I hated her subject? "My clock didn't alarm." Which was part true. I snoozed it for the third time but I fell asleep again and the next alarm didn't show up.

"Now you blame your alarm clock. Very well, just come inside." Mrs. Dalla shook her head, defeated. I entered the room as I heard her silencing the girls outside.

"Nice one, Josh!" My friends, Fredd and Kennard, teased me as I passed.

I ignored them and went to the only vacant seat at the back of the room. This classroom sucked at ventilation and this was the worst corner. Whenever me and my friends had schedule in Chemistry together, we would rush to have the most comfortable place, not so infront, just next to the wall where the air-con directly hit the spot.

"As I was saying..." The Mrs. Dalla continued her lesson. I had no plan to listen. Bad subject, bad seat, equals worst hour of the day. I brought out my book and pen because I still have a goal to graduate and I like Chemistry, at some other instances.

Out of nowhere, I caught a glance of a thick popsicle stick under my desk. I set my backpack down and got it. On it written a quote and an initial on one side with a shiny red heart sticker beside it:

"Paint a rainbow and burst its colors."

M

That was when it all started.

A popsicle stick.

A quote.

A letter.

A sticker.

And someone behind them.

~~~

Footnote:

*http://www.wikihow.com/Understand-Love-As-a-Chemical-Reaction