Chapter XXXVIII ~ Thonia

"You're having a date with your boyfriend, what are you so nervous about?"

"That's the thing! That will be our first official and formal date and I am afraid it will end up a disaster." I stared at my reflection on the mirror with my phone on my ears. I did not know what to wear for my first romantic date with Josh. Asaila said I should wear a dress, so I turned my closet upside-down and looked for my Sunday dresses which I only got to wear occasionally. I picked the most decent dress I found—laced sleeves and peach floral that reached above my knee.

Asaila took a moment before replying. "Thones, chill down. If anything goes wrong, just remember if he truly loves you, nothing will change even if tonight became a catastrophe."

I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed. "Do you always feel this way whenever you'll have first dates?" After I asked that, I realized I should not have because it might bring up Arthur or her past boyfriends and hurt her.

"No," I was relieved she said it with humor. "They're the one who got nervous."

I rolled my eyes for my bestfriend's arrogance. I suddenly heard Fur Elise and answered the call from my phone. "I have to go, he might be here already."

"Check on you later. Behave!" she said and the call ended.

I answered the incoming call, just like what I thought, it was Josh. "Where are you?" I asked.

"Parking outside," he said. "I'm afraid your brothers will open."

I ran out of my room to the front door. My brothers were on the living room and hadn't notice the white SUV outside. Josh came out of the driver's side; he was wearing maong shorts and red collared shirt with short sleeves, clearly the typical Joshua Silva outfit. I felt guilty instantly that I wore a dress so I said, "Hold on," then went back to my room.

Dresses were not so Thonia and I doubt they like me back because I really could not breath properly with them on. I changed into black leggings and plain gray shirt. There. I was more comfortable and more myself. If I was to spend our first official and formal date, I wanted to spend it with the clothes I often wore, just like Josh.

There was a knock and my brother, not sure who, spoke. "Josh is outside should I let him in?"

I grabbed my phone immediately and saw the call was still on. "Hi, sorry for waiting."

"It's always worth the wait." There was a knock again so I shouted yes. In no time, I was standing beside the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with. I smiled at how my thoughts sounded too dramatic.

"Sorry for being late." Josh whispered even though Jude was standing two meters away from us. Jack didn't seem to mind us and was watching a television show while eating home-made popcorn.

"It's okay." I smiled.

"I love you." He whispered again.

"The word 'love' sounds perfectly with your voice." I was surprised he used the word.

"Thanks."

Jude stepped infront of us and coughed. "Eight," he said. I glanced at my clock and it was just five.

"Eleven," I said, knitting my brows.

"Nine," Jude insisted.

"Ten." We all glanced at Jack who was watching us. He looked at Josh; they seemed to have a silent bond. I wondered how was the night they'd shared the same room during the storm, what were the things they'd talked about...did they even talked at all? "Final offer," he added.