part 15 - inevitable

YAS THE GIRLS ARE PERFORMING AT THE BRITS AND THEY HAVE BEEN NOMINATED FOR 2 AWARDS AS WELL! GO ON TWITTER AND TWEET THE HASHTAGS TO VOTE FOR THEM, OUR GIRLS DESERVE THIS SO MUCH OMFG!

 The Capital Jingle Bell Ball - something that Little Mix had been looking forward to - was coming up faster than Jade could imagine. The following two weeks had mostly involved tiring rehearsals and soundchecks. Even their choreographer had noticed Jade's sluggish movements during practice.

"Are those insomnia pills not working?" Jesy had come up to Jade one day during practice, causing Jade to stare at her like she was mad.

"Of course not, I'ma be fine."

Deep down inside though, she was sure that she was just excited to get on stage and perform in such of a large audience. Oh, and possibly meet Jason Derulo again. Jade had to admit that he was a really sweet person to her at times.

"Just try and keep it together for tomorrow's performance, yeah? And the day after tomorrow?" Perrie whispered in her ear as she passed Jade, causing tingles to run down Jade's spine.

Stop fucking doing that to me. Stop messing with my brain. Jade just pasted a smile onto her face and nodded.

She nodded like everything was okay.

....

Jade did manage to hold it in during the first gig, although the fringe on her costume kept bothering her. She regretted choosing it, because the fringe kept getting tangled up in her arms, but when Jason shot her a wink as he came on stage, Jade couldn't help but grin. They had really accomplished so much and she got a little emotional over it.

Jade was gulping down a bottle of water when Jason approached her. They hadn't talked much individually, because Jesy did most of the talking whenever they all were together, so it was quite a surprise when Jason asked her out to the coffee shop downtown, oblivious to the fact that Jade's gaze kept flicking to Perrie, who was watching them intensely.

The petite brunette bit down on her lip, then nodded.

Jason smiled widely at her, bouncing on his feet excitedly. "Great! I'll see you there the day after tomorrow?"

Jade smiled back at him and they exchanged numbers, with Jason pulling Jade into a hug and waving to the other girls before he left.

When the door closed behind Jason and his security, Jesy jumped up and started screaming. "Jade! This is your chance!"

"My chance to what?" Jade frowned at her, confused as to why her bandmate was suddenly jumping and screaming. "We're just friends going for some coffee and tea, Jes. Don't get hysterical."

Jesy neared her and whispered in her ear so other people wouldn't know what she was saying. "This is your damn chance to get over Perrie!"

Oh. Jade swallowed, and looked over to Perrie, who was still staring at her. The blonde's hair was effortlessly tousled and her outfit looked gorgeous on her. Jade had to force herself to look away from her bandmate before that dreaded lump would rise in her throat.

"Stop whispering amongst yourself guys, it's getting annoying," Perrie turned around and tossed a water bottle into the bin. Jesy made a face at Jade, who giggled and started to strip off her outfit. She was so ready for a shower and a good night's sleep.

....

Everything passed by so quickly after that. The second night of the Jingle Bell Ball went on perfectly, and Jade was able to take Perrie off her mind, especially that she was going on a sort of date with Jason tomorrow. When they were being interviewed and the interviewer started talking about Jason and Jade, Perrie kept shooting daggers in the interviewer's direction which made Jade roll her eyes. She knew Perrie was possessive and wanted to protect her or something like that, but Jade didn't belong to her.