Chapter 27: A Kiss or Two

His hand reached for my hair as my lips came closer to his. He gazed into my eyes, allowing me to see his soft blue eyes that were reflecting the white snow from behind.

I looked into his eyes again, seeing them deeply blue. My heart started to race for my life. I’ve never felt this way before. Even if I was fighting against twenty huge men – three time the size of me – I wasn’t scared, afraid or even nervous. But this time, for some reason, I was nervous.

He was just gazing into my eyes, and for some other strange reason, my heart was racing again. My mind was spinning. I just didn’t know what to do.

And that moment came, the moment when his lips reached mine. I saw his eyes closed, as his lips touched mine. My eyes started to widened again, but slowly my heart calmed down, telling my brain to stop panicking; like it was telling me to follow my heart. Wait what does that mean? Follow your heart. I wasn’t bothered thinking logic at that moment, explaining why things are happening to me.

And gradually my heart took over my brain and I closed my eyes as he kissed me.

It was a soft kiss, something that I haven’t experienced before. Well other than the fact for that incident in the ice skating centre. But this one was different. It felt as though my heart was connected to his from now on and therefore forever.

Dean smiled at me, as I was glancing at my shoes. The long kiss was finally finished, but I could still feel his breath on my lips. That was very strange. My lips were still tingling for some reason.

I reached my fingers and touched my lips. He really did kiss me. And my heart felt very warm, it was like his kiss made me into another person.

I glanced up at him, seeing his sweet smile. And I just suddenly bit my lip and glanced down again. I could feel my cheeks warming up, Great! I was blushing!

He smiled again, “You’re so cute, Rosy.”

I stared at him for a while and then shook my head. “A bodyguard is not to be called cute.”

Dean smiled again, “Well, you’re very cute when you blush.” He continued.

I looked at him, seeing his adorable smile, and I glanced away. Wait, I just said, adorable... What is happening to me?

Dean reached for my cold hands and held them. I glanced down at my hands, feeling his warm hands as I saw his warm smile again. I glanced away from him; hearing my heartbeat thumping harder into my ears.

 “Will you...” he whispered, “be my girlfriend?”

I stared at him and gasped. My head started popping up questions; Why would he say this? What was this meant to mean? What on earth is happening? My heart, on the other hand, was thumping harder after his words and I couldn’t even hear myself think. But for some reason, I felt safe in his hands. I felt like my heart was right, and for the first time, my brain was wrong. Why was I feeling like this? Was this because of love? Something that I never believed in.

Maybe this time, my heart was right; maybe there was something known as love. I just couldn’t think of any other reason why my heart felt so different.

I relaxed my shoulders and glanced into his blue eyes once more. I lowered my eyes and slightly nodded.

Dean eyes brightened as he smiled at me. He pulled me closer to him and held me tight in his arms, “Thank you.” He said, “Thank you.”

I smiled as he held me in his warm arms. I felt like I belonged here. Somewhere in his heart.

***