Chap.21: Special

Vivien's POV

I awoke with messy bed hair and a sore sensation in my legs knowing it was the result of last night. I then pulled my legs to the edge of the bed and tried to stand, but they just wobbled causing me to fall back. I sighed and looked up to see Asuke smirking at me.

"What's the matter little one? Can't stand."

"Shut up." I turned away from him as I blushed. He just chuckled and scooped me into his arms.

"Shall we shower?" I nodded as he carried me into the bathroom and turned on the water. In our shower was a shower bench that was added a few years ago. Asuke set me on it once we were both in while he rinsed himself of the sweat from our eventful night.

"I need to be rinsed off too." He grinned as he grabbed the shower hose and began to rinse me. I was cautious to every move he made since I just wanted to shower and nothing more. I quickly grabbed the shampoo and washed my hair.

"Well you're no fun."

"I just wanna get cleaned. Is that so bad." He shrugged and finished washing himself. My legs started to become more firm, so I was able to get out on my own, but I was still a bit wobbly.

"What shall we do since your parents have the kids?"

"I guess we can just relax in bed all day."

"Ooh that sounds good." He grabbed my waist and pushed me up against him.

"Not in that way. I meant watching a movie with snacks." I pushed him away and wrapped a towel around myself. He can be such a horn dog sometimes. As I browsed through the closet, Asuke had gotten a call and was talking very seriously. I already knew he had to go by his tone.

"Sorry little one, but duty calls."

"What does my grandfather want with you?"

"It wasn't him." I waited silently for him to continue, but he remained quiet.

"Well?" I was beginning to get irritated and crossed my arms.

"Relax. It's just every now and then I'm called to replace the Grim Reaper."

"You mean death himself? That's interesting."

"I forget you vampires know nothing about death since you're immortal."

"Half vampire and you're immortal as well."

"True, but us demons are far more aware of it." He puts on his usual jeans and coat, but I stopped him before he put on his shoes.

"Can..you at least.. wear a muscle shirt." I blushed trying not to seem jealous, but ultimately failed.

"You're so cute. Believe me no dead girl can compare to my sexy hybrid." He kisses me and leaves soon after.

Well I didn't want to be home alone, so I went to the family home instead. Both my children ran up to me and attacked me with lots of hugs.

"Were they good, mom?"

"Of course. They always are. Wish I could have gotten your brothers to behave like they did." She sighed as she mentioned my brothers. I'm guessing Axel hasn't spoken to anyone since we got back.

Ren held onto me tightly with heavy eyes.

"Did Ren sleep?"

"Unfortunately not. Your dad was awake with him all night trying to put him to sleep. He didn't fuss or anything. He just couldn't sleep."