Chap.13: Distance

Axel's POV

For weeks I have been trying to call, message and even skype Maddie, but she never answered. I know I left without notice, but it was an emergency and because of her father's strict rule I couldn't tell her the reason even if I did let her know I was going away. Right now it seems hopeless since I can't contact her. Ughh this is so unfair.

"Stupid grandpa making us live on this stupid island." I muttered to myself.

"Don't let him hear you say that. He'll make sure you have terrible nightmares for a week." I turn around and see my dad has just entered. "Trust me we're all not happy about this... arrangement, but he's doing this to protect us."

"Haven't we proven we can handle ourselves? We did rescue you guys."

"True, but not without a few minor complications."

"Still got you out of there."

"Come on. Breakfast is served and honestly you could use it. Plus maybe Maddie will be on afterwards."

"Hopefully." I trudged my way to the dining room and slumped into the seat across from Vivien who was breastfeeding Ren. "Do you have to do that here?"

"At least I have a blanket covering me."

"It's still obvious!" She just glared at me and right away I knew I had to keep my mouth shut. Asuke then came downstairs shirtless and sat next to Vivien.

"Morning." He said. "You look terrible. Didn't get any sleep?"

"No I've been trying to get a hold of Maddie non-stop. Thank you." I said to the servant who set my meal down while continuing my conversation with Asuke. "It's been weeks and I feel just horrible for leaving her."

"She probably needs time." Vivien chimed in. "It must have really hurt her not knowing where you were."

"It's been 3 weeks though! That's enough time to get over it!" I shouted.

"Not all women are the same, Axel!"

"Woah keep it down you two. You're gonna wake up the whole damn castle." Damian yawned as he took his seat next to me. Soon after everyone else started to fill the remaining seats.

For breakfast I had an omelette with toast and some blood orange juice. I know it sounds nasty, but it gives me all my nutrients. Everyone else had all their favorites except for Asuke. He just had a couple of apples near him. I'm half demon and yet I know nothing about that side of me. I'm basically a full vampire.

When i got up back to my room I heard the familiar Skype ringtone and rushed to answer. My beautiful Maddie's glowing face lit up the computer screen making me so overjoyed.

"Maddie you look so beautiful."

"Um thanks. I uh.. moved in with my mom."

"I heard. Maddie I am so sorry for leaving and not telling you."

"Axel it's-"

"No! Don't you dare say it was ok! It was a stupid-"

"I'm seeing someone."

"What?.." My heart instantly broke into a million pieces. Did I just heart right? "W-what do you mean?! Maddie I LOVE YOU!!!"

"I know Axel and you'll always hold a special place in my heart. Not hearing from you made me lonely and angry, so I made a rash decision to stay with my mom and while I was here, I met someone. He filled that void that you left and-"

"Stop. Say no more. I get it. I'll leave you alone from now on."

"No Axel that's not-"

"Goodbye!" I slammed my laptop shut and cried. Vivien came rushing once I started crying loudly.