Chap.24: Trouble in Paradise

Vivien's POV

The next morning, Asuke and I had decided to pick up Ren and Ivy. I figured they would have missed me and I honestly missed them as well. It seems so weird when they're not around.

Once we arrived, we walked in only to find my dad curled up in a ball as he laid on the couch crying.

"Woah what's going on?" I was shocked to see him in this kind of state. My grandma then came out with the kids in tow.

"Come into the kitchen. We need to talk." I was starting to get a bit freaked out, but I followed her anyway. "What's wrong and where is my mom."

"For the past few days you're mom hasn't been home."

"What are you talking about? I dropped the kids off with her yesterday."

"It must have been when everyone wasn't home." My Aunt Myra chimed in. "She got the rest of her things and left the kids with me."

"She left your dad." My grandma paused and bit her lip. "She decided to separate from him. Now this doesn't mean they will divorce, but then again we don't know how long the separation will last."

"I didn't know Vladimir could get like this." Asuke said. "It's like seeing a different person."

"Who else knows?" I asked looking towards my grandma.

"Almost everyone but your cousins and brothers. We haven't really been able to get in contact with Axel. He's basically cut himself off from us."

"This is really shocking. I literally have no words for it."

"Where did Luna go anyway?" Asuke asked.

"No idea. Vladimir called Zett, but he says she's not there and Luna ignores his calls." I stared at my dad as he laid there miserably. They seemed happy, but because none of us kids live at home, how could we have known what was happening behind closed doors?

"Just give my mom some space for now. Something must be going through her mind and she needs time to think about it."

"I know, dear, but we don't know if Vladimir will get any worse." My grandma sighed.

"Where exactly is everyone else?"

"They went to the club and afterwards they were gonna get a room."

"Lovely." I rolled my eyes and went towards my dad to sit next to him. "Dad, I need you to get up."

"I don't want to." He mumbled.

"Get up!" I sparked him enough to make him sit up abruptly. "Crying isn't gonna do anything."

"You have no idea what it's like to lose your soulmate... NO IDEA!!"

"Vladimir!" My grandma yelled.

"I know, but if Asuke left me I would be shattered."

"No need to worry little one. Only death can ever keep us apart."

"Not helping." I answered.

We decided to leave my dad alone for a bit and make some food for ourselves. Ren and Ivy tried to play with him, but he just sat there.

"I guess this means no trip then." Asuked asked.

"It would be wrong to leave at a time like this."

"I know. Want him to stay with us?"

"No! He's just gonna be the same there as he is here. We just need to leave him be."

Asuke shrugged and picked up Ivy who was basically begging to be held. All I could think about was the thought of my parents separating. It worries me a lot because I always thought they were perfect for each other. They've been through so much, so it almost baffles me about what's going on.