Chap.18: BBQ

Axel's POV

I was one of the firsts to arrive, along with Vivien, to my parent's house. My grandma hugged me and took us out back. My dad was barely starting the grill while my mom scolded him.

"This is why I told you to start it an hour ago!"

"If they get hungry, there's hot pockets in the freezer."

"Then what's the point of a barbecue if you're gonna eat frozen shit."

"Relax. No one is starving. Then again how can we vampires starve."

"You can survive off of blood however I can't. I need food in my system." He rolled his eyes making my mom smack the back of his head.

"Luna why don't you love." He pretended to cry.

"Vladimir, I love you very much, but sometimes you get on my damn nerves."

"You do love me!" He hugged her tightly making her sigh. I smiled and admired their endless love for each other.

A few hours later the backyard was filled with all my family members. The doorbell rang indicating Killian and Aki had finally arrived. I took them out back while Aki clung to Killian's leg.

My mom was the first to come up to them.

"Well this is the first real good look I have of Akito. She really does look like Vivien."

"Yeah. She's become mute as of late though." Killian replied.

"Vivien was like that for a little bit. It's probably just a phase."

"I doubt it." He muttered to himself.

"Come eat. Do you want a hamburger, hot dog or some tacos?" Killian nodded and went with her while Aki stayed near me. She stood there not knowing where else to go. I called out to my own daughter and had her stay with Akito while I chatted with everyone. However I kept my distance from Damian for obvious reasons.

"Nice to see you Ax." Said Phoenix.

"You too, Phoenix. So how's life."

"Same as ever. I'm about to make pro in Motorsport racing."

"That's awesome. You gotta get me some tickets, so I can see you."

"Of course. You're my favorite person in this family anyways." I laughed as he said that. He may be such a trouble maker, but he sure speaks his mind. Not as much as his siblings of course.

"Well just so you know you're the least favorite for this family!" Yelled Zaya meaning she overheard our conversation.

"No I'm not. The least favorite is Axel's-" Zaya quickly covered his mouth to keep him from saying anything, but it was too late. I was now in a foul mood and just walked away from everyone.

"Darling where are you going. What's wrong?" Katya followed me inside the house and stopped me in the hallway.

"I hate that fucking kid!! Her very existence pisses me off. Why should we even allow her to be here!?" I yelled.

"ENOUGH!!" Katya and I both turned to the voice and saw my grandma Serene with the most furious expression. "I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR PATHETIC HATRED FOR JADE!! SHE IS YOUR DAUGHTER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!"

"She's not my fucking-" I was about to yell again, but she cut me off.

"YOUR BLOOD IS RUNNING THROUGH HER VEINS. SHE IS A CHILD. A CHILD!!!" She then calmed herself down before she continued, "Axel, I love you, but your actions towards her disgust me. You think she asked to be born? She never asked to have a vampire as a father! If you want to blame anyone then blame yourself!!"