Chap.8: Almost

Damian's POV

Well my winter break sure sucked. First an unexpected battle arrives in our backyard, then we spend multiple hours a day training our asses off, and Christmas Day and New's Year Eve was just plain awkward! No one could loosen up because of the fear that another unexpected battle would end up happening! To top it off, I'm sitting here in this room waiting for the doctor to arrive. Today Dahlia finds out what she's having and she insisted I should be here. I only agreed so I could escape the tension that had built up at home.

"What do you want it to be? I want a boy so I can have a mini you!" She beamed. "But then again a girl version of you might be better!"

"It could end up just looking like you and not have a single trace of me."

"True, but men's genes seem to show up more in the baby."

'We'll just have to see about that' I thought to myself just as the doctor came in.

"What a fine looking couple you both are. So how are we feeling today?"

"Tired, but overall i'm great!" He does the usual routine that all doctors go through and soon enough the outline of a baby appeared on the screen. He showed us the hand, feet and whatever else was to be seen.

"Looks like you'll be buying pink from now on." The doctor smiled as Dahlia squealed.

"Our baby girl!" She jumped up and hug me making the gel rub all onto my sweater. "Whoops sorry."

After the doctor visit we immediately went to Babies R Us. She bought a bunch of shit and of course I had to carry it all the way to Zett's. Once we arrived I threw it into her room and slammed her door. She was downstairs eating some cookies they had made the night before.

"Damian, are you ok?" asked Maddie with her head poking out of her room. "Wanna come in and talk about it?"

I nodded and went into her room. Her bed looked comfy so I laid and made myself comfortable.

"This whole baby situation is really starting to irritate me. She buys useless shit and I can't even tell you the amount of clothes she's bought! They don't even fit into any of her drawers!"

"It'll only get harder when the baby arrives, but you're right about her. She could get rid of some of that stuff. Babies grow a lot during the first months and I doubt he or she will wear all of them anyway."

"I'm stressed out at school, at home and when I'm with her it's 3 times worse! She pisses me off so much! Her mood swings and her late night cravings are really getting to me."

"You know you don't have to be with her just cause she has a baby right? You can still be a good parent and not be with the mother."

"Yea, but I got myself into this mess and it's my responsibility." Maddie just bit her lip and nodded. If she really knew what I was up to would she be disgusted or what? Knowing Maddie I'm pretty sure she'll be mad, but I'm not doing this for her. I'm doing it for Vivien and all the pain and suffering she had to endure. I thanked Maddie for the talk and headed downstairs where Dahlia stood with her arms crossed.

"You sure were in there a long time. Mind telling me what the fuck you were doing?!" I immediately lost my temper and pushed her up against a wall with my arm up to her neck.

"Don't fucking try to control me! You're not my mother!"

"What the hell is going on?!" Zett had just arrived and I wasted no time in leaving the house. All the drama that has happened made me exhausted, so I decided to run. I ran deep into the forest where no one had ever gone before. The trees were really thick so I had to keep dodging the many trees to avoid smacking right into one. I stopped just in time as the edge of a cliff came into view. Below was a large waterfall that flowed into a pool of water. I closed my eyes and began my descent into the water. Once under water, I surround myself with the shadows and stayed there. If I had my Aunt Nerina's powers I would be able to see what was on the other side of my dark bubble. However, i'm at peace so I can deal with it.