Chap.5: Surprise Visitors

Axel's POV

Ahh the weekend, the most anticipated days of the week to relax and recharge, but not for me. Sadly I'm up early cleaning the house with everyone. I was stuck sweeping and mopping the kitchen while Vivien vacuumed the living room and Damian dusted. I just muttered to myself as I finished sweeping and prepared a bucket of water mixed with pinesol. I made sure all the chairs were on top of the table before I began mopping.

"I'm finished!" Damian yelled.

"That's great. Now you can wipe the mirrors." My mom threw him a bottle of windex and a roll o paper towels. Ha! He thought he was gonna get off that easy, bur my mom knew what he was up to.

"Axel I need the pinesol for the bathroom. I'll just-"

"No! I just mopped!" I made Emmy stop in her tracks as she stared at me. I threw the pinesol that was near me to her which she almost dropped.

"Thank you." she skipped away popping her headphones back in.

We were all about to finish our chores when all of a sudden the doorbell rang. My mother ran to get it, but when she opened it her eyes widened as a woman and a boy stood before her.

"Jasmine?!"

"Hello demon. I see the hybrids have already grown up." She smirked as my mom stood in a defensive pose. Next thing you know, my grandparents and everyone else came out to see what's wrong.

"Jasmine. What are you doing here." My grandfather clenched his fist and grit his teeth as he said that.

"Little brother is that any way to treat your sister? I've only come to introduce your newest nephew." She smiled with a coldness to her eyes as if she was scheming something. If she's my grandpa's sister than that means she's my great aunt. I couldn't help but get chills as I looked at her.

"Your son?" He sounded so surprised and looked towards the boy standing next to her.

"Yes. This is my son Killian. Turns out I was pregnant during our last reunion and to top it off his father is Markus Kraven."

"Jasmine how could you! He is an outcast for a reason!?! Why would you even think about being with someone who tried to hurt your family!?!"

"Simple. I needed someone with great power and he's the perfect match for me." My grandpa was shaking due to the rage he withheld. My grandma had to hug his arm and calm him down as she whispered soothing words into his ear. I looked at my new found cousin Killian and realized he was staring at Vivien. He was smirking at her as she just glared at him. I looked over to my dad and uncles only to see worry run across their face as they looked at each other.

"Well we must go, but don't worry. We'll be back soon enough." She laughed as her and Killian disappeared together.

"All the adults come in the study immediately!" My father yelled as he walked up the stairs. Us younger ones waited downstairs. I was in the kitchen when I noticed Vivien sneaking upstairs.

"Hey. What are you doing?" I asked her.

"We have just as much right to know what's going on as well as they do." I didn't bother arguing since she was right.. I snuck up the stairs with her and made our way into the vents only to see Damian already there.

"What the hell are you guys-"

"Shh!" My sister shut him up as we waited for the adults to speak.

"At our last reunion, I had accidentally picked up her staff and saw our Aunt Jasmine wielding it in order to raise an army." explained Colton, who just got here. "She was also able to destroy the Shadows family."