Chap.15: Adjustment

Damian's POV

Jade is already 5 weeks and to tell you the truth, I've gotten pretty attached to her. She was such a happy baby who loved to laugh and smile.

"Knock knock." Lorna came into my room and smiled. "Oh my what do you have her dress in."

"What. She's fine." Jade wore a light blue onesie with pink striped pants. Her hair was messy but it looked cute.

"You have to brush her hair regularly otherwise it'll knot especially since it's curly." She grabbed a soft brush and brushed her hair. She then took off her clothes and dressed her in a white onesie with light blue pants. "She's the spitting image of Maddie."

"I know." Lorna then went to her dresser and made 7 piles of clothes with shoes and such.

"This is so she won't be dressed like a clown. You dress yourself well, but for a little girl you kind of fail at it."

"Hey at least I tried!" I exclaimed. She laughed as Blake came running into my room.

"What a cutie. You know we could have our own cutie too, Lorna."

"Blake!!" She turned bright red making him laugh.

"You're so cute." He kissed her cheek and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Ok you two love birds get out of my room. This is a PG only area until she's of age."

"Says the womanizer." Muttered Blake. He swept up Lorna in his arms and left while the two giggled. I rolled my eyes at them. Sometimes they can be a bit too lovey dovey which made them the most annoying at times.

It hasn't been easy caring for her, but luckily I was well prepared because of Dahlia's pregnancy. She made me read those damn baby books in front of her even though I had some knowledge of babies because of my many cousins. I grabbed Jade and made my way down stairs. It was full of noise, so I went outside instead. Vivien was under the cherry tree with Asuke and a crawling Ren.

'He's already crawling?' I thought. He's 6 months, but it's not unusual for vampire/demon babies to be more developed than normal infants. I doubt Jade will be able to do so since she was mostly human. Who knows how long she'll even live for or if she'll age despite being part vampire/demon.

Over by the beach I could see Axel and Katya walking together hand in hand. It pissed me off how she was even his lover, but then again who am I to judge? Maybe this was how he has to move on. It seems like while my siblings and cousins are in relationships, I'm the only one who's alone... Is this my punishment for being such a womanizer? Or is it because I purposely killed an unborn child and had her mother go mad with suicidal tendencies. Maybe raising Jade is somehow my redemption. She needs a father especially since she no longer has a mother.

All of a sudden Jade started to cry loudly drawing attention to us. She didn't need a diaper change and she wasn't hungry either. I rocked her a bit only to have her throw up all over me.

"God dammit!" I yelled making her cry even louder. I ran back to my room and slammed my door. I placed her on my bed and undressed her. I grabbed the mini tub and filled it with warm water then gently placed her in it. I washed her gently and put her into just a blue onesie. I fed her and burped her then laid her down for a nap. Even I decided to laid down for a nap. I made sure to set my alarm for an hour since I was trying to get her to sleep more at night.

I felt so confined to my room that I didn't even feel like myself. I'm used to be outside and socializing not taking care of my niece full time. However I chose to take care of her. If no one had spoken up I know it would have been my grandparents, but it's not fair for them to take care of a great-grandchild.