9

"Brandon?" I asked.

My older brother by 3 years walked up to us, lips turning into a smirk. Aleks tensed up.

"Well, well. Look at fighter boy having a date with my baby sister," Brandon said. My face was tinted with pink when my brother said date, but Aleks' face had anger written all over it.

"Haley. You didn't tell me your brother was Brandon Johnsail," Aleks said.

"I thought it wasn't important!" I told. My brother acted like he was offended.

"I'm not important? I'm your older, yet only brother," Brandon smiled. He never acted like this before. "Ready for the fight Marchant?"

My eyes widen. He's fighting my brother? I looked at Aleks. His head was down.

"You didn't tell your girlfriend who is my sister about the fight? How sad."

"You didn't tell your sister, who is my girl where you've been for the past month?" Aleks fought back.

Frustration rose on my brother. He harshly grabbed Aleks by the collar, lifting him up. I gasped, as well as the customers in the ice cream shop.

"Listen here Marchant. When i win the fight, you stay away from Colorado AND my sister," My brother spat. Aleks chuckled.

"And if i win, you better go to the dentist because your breath, is nasty as fuck," Aleks roasted.

My brother dropped Aleks back on the chair and wiped the saliva from the corner of his mouth. Brandon soon left the shop and the tension in the air settled down. I quickly went to Aleks' side and checked if he was ok. He snickered.

"I'm fine Haley. Don't worry about it," Aleks told. I slapped his arm.

"Why the fuck are you fighting my brother?!" I yelled.

"For many reasons. But they must be told later, not now," Aleks explained. Suspense was building in my body. Aleks turned to me and smiled.

"Let's go get some more ice cream and forget this ever happened."

When we got our second round of ice cream, we apologized to the people in the parlour and left the place. Since Brandon broke two rules of the fight, them being touching Aleks and being in the same area as him, Aleks has to report them back at the gym.

"Guys! The opponent has broke two rules already!" Aleks announced. The guys looked up at the sudden news.

"If he breaks one more rule, the fight ends and he has to get killed," Jordan said. I gasped

"You're going to kill my brother?!" I yelled. The room was silent and Aleks' head was down.

"Um Haley. Now is the perfect time to tell you what Brandon did to Aleks," James spoke. Jordan was about to open his mouth but Aleks cut him off.

"Guys, I'll tell her. Haley, follow me," Aleks said, guiding me to a room. I gulped, knowing I would be alone with him with suspense in the air.

Aleks closed the door and I examined the room. It was like a small bedroom which was for a teenage boy. Messy hung up posters on the walls, a bass guitar in the corner of the room and a messy bed with clothes scattered all over the place. It smelt funky but it wasn't horrid.

Aleks sighs, taking a bunch of clothes from the bed to the closet. Is this where Aleks once lived? Aleks sat on the bed, patting the space beside him for me to sit. I sat beside him. The tension between us was rough.

"You're brother, he was once a friend of mine. He was a great friend to me and Jordan. He was the one to have the idea of having a fight group. So Jordan created the group and the idea was Brandon's. We made an agreement not to date each other's girls or sisters, that's why i didn't meet you earlier.

Brandon set me up with a girl named Tiffany. I liked her, alot. She had been through a lot of shit and I was willing to help her out. One day, I caught her in bed with Brandon. I was angry. He was the one to bring the idea up about not dating anyone's girl. So I kicked him out of the group. I couldn't fight him, I was too weak.

Brandon got revenge by killing five members, Kevin, Eddie, Anthony, Max and Junkyard or his real name, Gary. He threatening two other people, who aren't in Colorado. Since we planned that fight, we made another promise and rules until then. He broke two of them, which is coming towards me and touching me. The last rule is killing someone I know.

My job until the fight is to protect the ones I love. I love you Haley. It may seem like I get whatever I want, but what I want is your safety. Even if you don't like me back, I wanna help you just in case something bad happens to you," Aleks explains.

I was speechless. Aleks only cared about the life of his friends. That was sweet enough of him to protect the ones he loved. I felt my heart growing closer to him. I sat closer to him, placing my hand on his jaw, turning his head slightly towards me. I hesitanly leaned up, placing a sweet kiss on his soft lips.

When I pulled back from the mini kiss, Aleks had semi-wide eyes. With anxiety building in my body, I leaned in again, kissing him with a little more force.

Aleks soon gave in, kissing me back. Nerves soon exploded in my body, I finally felt safe. I soon pulled apart, staring into Aleks' brown eyes.

"I will allow you to help me if I can be yours."

"So you're my girl?"

I nodded my head. Aleks smiled, hugging me tightly.

"Deal baby."