34

I was at the entrance of the funeral home, guiding our guest to our reserved room. It has been a few days since "the talk". Thinking over the incident made me depressed and break down. Since that day, I was a bit scarred. Watching the love of my life getting shot right beside me, it was terrible. I can't even hang out with the guys, somehow it was difficult now that Aleks was gone. Everyone was so depressed, a funny moment can't get a laugh from one of them.

I felt bad for James. He was Aleks' closest friend. Over the years, he develop a crush on him, making him a homosexual. James couldn't confess and come out to Aleks. He was afraid of what Aleks would think of him. But since the incident, he couldn't stop crying. I really did felt bad for him. If Aleks was here, he wouldn't mind James being gay; I'll bet their friendship would be much stronger.

I walked over to Aleks' casket. The dark mahogany wood compliments his black, silky suit. White combat bandage gauze was wrapped around his head, covering his wounded forehead. My nervous fingers glided over Aleks' cold, lifeless face. I held back some tears as memories were played in my mind. Thoughts of Aleks in the past lingered in my mind.

I now knew what he meant by helping me.

I had about 5 people to explain to me on why Aleks wanted to help me. The help Aleks wanted me to have was so I wasn't lonely. When Seamus told him how I'm home alone most of the time, he felt bad so he wanted to give me company. The other help I needed was so nothing 'can touch me' especially from Brandon's clan. Tiffany had Aleks' help once before she met my brother. She took it for granted and regretted about her decision in cheating but she got over it.

Speaking of my brother and his clan, he got arrested for 25 years in jail for a numerous amounts of crimes and Luke got arrested for shooting an innocent man. The guys who were apart of Brandon's clan got a warning or got put into jail for a few days or months. My mom approved of the judge who sentenced Brandon to jail because he deserves it. Having illegal possessions of drugs, murdering innocent bystanders and other illegal shit; he definitely does deserves it. Even though my brother will become a different person in prison, I would not think of him the same.

I was with Aleks' family. Many were from the state of Massachusetts and some were from Russia. With their unique Russian accent, it was very hard to understand them but they were very sweet and comforting. I knew that Aleks was Russian but I didn't know he was born there. Now that I think of it, he hardly talked about his personal life. Aleks probably thought that topic wasn't important in our relationship.

When talking with he's closest friends and family, it made me think how close he was to them. Since Aleks was a caring person, why wasn't he recently there with them? Why did he chose Colorado than Massachusetts? I did try to ask his friends questions on Aleks, but they didn't know much since they hardly talked to Aleks on his life. Why didn't I ask when I had the chance? Why didn't I had quality relationship time with Aleks? But even if Aleks was caring, how did he become so dominate and scary? Was it to protect himself? Did Brandon change Aleks to tough from what he was before? I guess I wouldn't know how Aleks got so dominate, caring and personal.

Minutes later, it was time to do the speeches before burying or cremating the casket. Most of Aleks' friends and family members went up and talked. Even the manager of the funeral home spoke some words. Then it was The Creatures' turn, plus some people from Colorado who were invited. I cried when James, Joe and Dan break down into tears during their speech. I couldn't handle the emotional pain, I wanted Aleks here to hold me.

I watched as Jordan walked up front and behind the podium. I witness him fix his black tie and adjusted his red baseball cap. He cleared his throat and examined the crowd. His head turned around, eyes fixated on Aleks' precious body. He cleared his throat as he turned back around.

"Good evening, friends and family of Aleksandr Marchant. We are gathered here today to respect the blessing of Aleks on this depressing yet faithful day. If you have no clue on who I am, I am Jordan Mathewson, a highschool friend to Aleks. Aleks was a great friend. He helped many people like his family, friends, ex lover and current girlfriend," Jordan winked at me. I smiled.

"No one could ever get mad at Aleks, even though he made dumb decisions; he was wonderful person. Not only he was wonderful and helpful, but he was respectful, strong, loyal, and lovable. What I'm trying to get through was that, Aleks didn't deserve the position he's at now. He should still be living the life he deserves today. Even if life ended on his end, the heavens will appreciate his presence, smile and personality. To this day and on, I will always remember his Russian boy. He will always be true to our hearts and always be around us," Jordan ended his speech.

Everyone applauded and wiped their tears. Jordan's statement was professional and heart warming. He nodded to the audience then looked at me with a soft smile.

"Haley, would you like to say anything?"

My mouth went dry. I wasn't a 'talking to the audience' type of person. Nerves exploded in my body as all heads turned to me. Whispers could be heard, saying how I was pretty and how close I was to Aleks. I gulped as Jordan gave me a comfort look. I didn't really have anything to say or prepared. Sure I had things in mind, but I didn't have courage to say it out loud.

The only in I had to say to everyone was that Aleks... Was a tough guy.
-------------------------------
A/N- Ayyyyeeeeee! Reference to the title.

Thank you for reading Tough Guy- ImmortalHD AU! It means so much to me as this is my fifth book!

If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. Please vote and share this story to your Creature Hub/ ImmortalHD friends! But not specifically to The Creatures, that would be weird for everyone...

Please read my new book, The Rage & The Rose (UberHaxorNova) fan-fic!

Thank you for reading and have a great day!
-XxSakuraHDxX