14

I was on my laptop, typing away on the keyboard. Seamus was right, I should have done some research on Aleks. Whenever something isn't right, I tend to look it up. I was a pro in researching. I was a straight A student of course.

I quickly typed in Aleks' name on the Google search bar. I pressed enter and breathed in. I hope I don't see any criminal records.

I scrolled through the page. My jaw dropped. Links and pictures led to Aleks' mugshots and records were shown around the site. I clicked the first link. The link was from 2010, it was the most popular page on the whole site.

It was about Aleks' first crime. Possession of Meth. I gasped. I never knew Aleks did drugs. Does The Creatures do drugs? Did Seamus take some? My mind was spinning but I kept searching. I went back to the Google Page and clicked on the second link.

It was Aleks were bruises and cuts all over his face. He looks extremely tired and lifeless. The mug shot was taken in 2012 and the headline said, 'Accused of Holding Citizens Hostage.' I bit my lip. Why was Aleks doing this?

The whole night, I read articles of Aleks' records and examine his mugshots. I compared his past pictures and his present look. Aleks looks more healthy now than then. My thoughts drifted to Seamus. Why did he suggest looking Aleks up?

Seamus said if anything's wrong, I should do my research. But why did he want me to look all of this up? Seamus should've avoided the homework card around me. I'm worried if Aleks will continue this madness.

Fear stuck over my body. What happens if Aleks is doing all these criminal stuff behind my back. Everything that was taught to me made me panic. I quickly pinched my arm and reloaded the page to see if it was truly real. I groaned, when reality hit me.

I don't know how long I was up, but I couldn't stop rereading the articles. It made me wonder why I haven't heard of this during the past years. I was too focus on the screen, I didn't realize my mother was at the door.

"Haley!" My mother yelled. I jumped, making the the top of my laptop to close due to the sudden scare.

"Y-Yes mom?" I nervously asked.

"Do you even know what time is it?"

I didn't respond. I was too nervous and afraid of what's going to happen next. My mother sighed.

"Get some sleep, Hale. Seamus told me about your day," my mom said. I nodded my head and she closes the door, as well as turning off the lights.

I sneakily went on my computer and read some more. I gasped as my mom opened my bedroom door and took my laptop. She then said goodnight and left my bedroom. I pulled my blanket covers over my head and went on my phone.

I heard my mother cleared her throat. Without seeing her, I peaked my hand out of the blanket and gave her my phone. Even with the covers over my head, I could tell that she was smiling.
-----------------------------------
It's been two weeks since I saw Aleks. It has been hard without him beside me, but I needed the break. Since I looked through Aleks' criminal records, I've been getting tons of nightmares of him. Either Aleks was hurting me or he going to jail; it was a scary thought.

I was in the cafe library. I wasn't working today, just relaxing. I sipped on my hot chocolate, thinking over my life. It seems depression, but I do need to reflect over what has happened.

I haven't told anyone about my research. I felt like it wasn't anyone's business and it wasn't important to anyone I'll tell. If i'll tell Seamus or The Creatures, they will make me talk to Aleks. For Seamus, he will smile and find a way to take me to Aleks even if I'll say no.

Claire, my boss attempted to relax me but she failed when she couldn't get a word out of me. Even Tammy tried to make me laugh. But with her annoying cackle, I pushed her aside. She left to go fetch some customer's order; I was alone yet again.

I heard the door chimes twinkle, indicating someone entered the cafe. This person's breath hitched. I could tell this person was deciding if she/he wants to leave the cafe or not. I debated to myself if I should turn around to see this person. This mysterious person sat right beside me, tapping on the counter. I couldn't see this guy's face, due to my bangs covering my right side.

"Can I get a Hot Mocha with extra whip cream, please?" This person ordered.

I gasped at the similar, yet familiar voice. I hesitantly turned my head. He looked so tired and guilty. My heart melted at his soft smile.

Aleks.
-----------------------------
A/N- Don't forget to vote on every chapter you finished :)