Chapter 3

Marinette could be having difficulties defeating an akuma. But no, Marinette had problems defeating a fridge filled with sweet treats.

Marinette wrapped her arms around her bare shoulders. It had to be close to 10 degrees Fahrenheit, if she's right, the average person couldn't last more than thirty minutes in a freezer. Her most likely outcome was death and that scared her beyond anything.

"A-Alya!" Marinette's teeth chattered as she screamed for her comrade. Where was she?

Alya paced back and forth behind the large, metal door. She knew this was serious but what could she do? There was always the police but the station was a good thirty minutes away, plus rush hour started ten minutes ago. They'd never make it in time. Maybe the boys could help? Adrien's smart and Nino is...semi-smart. Alya called to her friend before running out the door towards the gym.

"A-Alya? Please t-tell me you d-didn't leave..." Marinette leaned against the cold interior. Ladybug couldn't just 'appear' in the freezer without Marinette, besides Tikki was in her bag against the wall. But Marinette had hope in Alya, she would find a way to save her from her 'little' dilemma. How is it possible for someone to get stuck in a freezer? You never hear reports of people getting stuck in freezers, so why would it happen to Marinette? The girl slumped to the floor, encasing her arms around her knees, keeping the body heat in.

Alya's sneakers squeaked as she cantered down the hall. She reached the double-door gym and busted the doors open with both hands, slightly cracking the wall with force. Alya recollected her breathes before looking up at the two boys giving each other worried looks. Nino did the coo-coo twirling with his finger before she snapped at him.

"Hey! Listen, I need your help. Marinette's trapped in the freezer and the handle broke off." Alya glared at Nino while explaining the situation. Adrien dropped the line of string and turned to his stubborn friend who crossed his arms. 

"Haha, that's very funny, Alya. Just trying to get our help? Dude, that's cool, just ask if you want help." Nino gave a smug grin while Alya rubbed her temple. She hated his constant 'care-free' attitude.

"Listen, stupid." The furious teen gripped the collar of his shirt and brought his face close to hers. "Marinette needs help and you want to waste time making jokes? If your not going to help me, I'll find someone else who cares about the girl who has been constantly sweet and generous to everyone." She released his collar before turning her heel and speeding down the hall again for help. Nino's glasses dropped a little with his mouth agape. Adrien snapped back to reality and rushed after Alya, Nino stumbling behind them.

Marinette gaited through the freezer. Her teal eyes slowly drooping from the cold and gaining unconsciousness every minute. She knew if she fell asleep she'd never wake up. This was not a lucky day. She wondered if Chat's days were like this. Chat's bad luck seemed to affect him in battles sometimes, acquiring poor attacks unless there was metal or something he could break. It seemed Ladybug only really defeated the villains most of the time. So was his everyday life just as unlucky? Marinette's luck always peeked through her daily life, every once and awhile.

This was good. If she could just keep her mind on something other than being trapped in the freezer, she could make it. Marinette just needed a distraction. Adrien's a distraction, Adrien's a nice distraction, Marinette thought.

Marinette checked her watch, it's been ten minutes. She leaned against the door for support from her weak knees. Her teeth chattered while the light above dimmed in and out. Her hand shakes as she brought her fingertips to her cheek to wipe a forming tear. This cannot be happening. The legend, Ladybug, was going to die in a freezer. No, this wasn't the time to cry. She's Marinette Cheng, she could handle a little cold. Marinette's also smarter than a freezer. She heedlessly rose to her feet and eyed the boxes. There had to be something in here she could use. A line of boxes full of sweats wadded the back wall with boxes on either sides. Okay, maybe not so useful.

Adrien followed Alya to the kitchen where a loud thud sounded from the refrigerator door. "Marinette!" Alya called, her voice quivering with fear for her friend.

"A-Alya?" A soft voice murmured from the other side. Adrien was quick to react, he ran to the door feeling around the broken handle piece.

"Don't worry, Marinette. We'll get you out of here!" He reassured her.

"Adrien?" Marinette's voice convulsed. Adrien felt a rush of energy from her scared tone and quickly started his search for a knife or something to pry the door open. Nino busted into the room breathing heavily and a screw in his hands. It was a good idea but once the screw was pushed on, it snapped in half. Who makes these kind of doors for a school? Alya shook her head.

The four friends then realized that they wouldn't make it. All three of them wasted time on trying to solve the problem themselves that they never even tried to call the police or any adult. They all were working on pure fear that they forgot about how serious this scenario is. Alya looked at Adrien who watched the clock turn past the twenty minute mark.

"Oh come on! Can't either of you do anything?" Alya wailed. Nino pulled his hat down over his eyes and watched Alya's tears flow free. "Where's Ladybug when you need her?" Alya wiped her eyes. Adrien felt another wave of virility at the mention of his lady, it also gave him an idea on saving Marinette.

"Your right." Adrien said. Nino gave him a questioning look while Alya watched him run out the door. "I'll signal her and Chat Noir!" He announced. The soon to be hero rushed down the passage to the boy's bathroom. He made sure no one was looking before he took his bag out with Plagg napping on the top.

"Alright, Plagg. Marinette needs our help." He commenced a heroic stance.

"Nya~? I thought it was Ladybug who always needed your help." The sleepy cat purred. Adrien rolled his eyes at his kwami.

"Transform: Chat Noir!" Plagg was sucked into Adrien's ring who transformed into Paris's hero, Chat Noir. "Let's go."

Chat hustled down the track back to the kitchen. He could hear Alya slightly sniffle while throwing something against the door, also presuming Nino just standing there in shock. The liberator entered the blue tiled canteen coinciding a protective stance to reassure Alya. The creator of the Ladybug blog would have gladly taken out her phone and record this if it weren't for her friend only having minutes to survive. Chat stopped his foolish position and ran to the door. He directed Nino and Alya to the other side of the room while he called out his famous attack, "Cataclysm!" Chat Noir lunged for the door, deteriorating the solid metal. Behind the crumbling postern shivered a small girl, in-wrapped in her own body heat. Marinette looked with tired eyes which sent a shock of pain in Chat Noir's stomach.

"C-Chat-" Marinette started to rise but wobbled down again. Chat caught her gently and carried her bridal style to the kitchen counter. He watched as Marrinett's angelic face relaxed into a more comfortable smile. Her seashell painted lips moved with every breath she took. It was hard to look away but Chat Noir's duties were never done, and his miraculous was running out. He said 'your welcome' before waving and scampered to the nearest corner he could change to.

Chat Noir found a bathroom stall to transform back into Adrien and Plagg popped out of Adrien's ring and landed in his palm.

"Ah, Adrien. You wouldn't have-" The blonde smirked before pulling out a cube of cheese he tucked away in his bag. The petty kitten threw the cheese to his mouth and rubbed his growing stomach.

"Good job saving the princess." Plagg teased.

"It was not a big deal. She would save me if I was ever in trouble. Probably." Adrien smiled before grabbing his brown bag and looking out the cobblestone entryway. When no one was in sight he slide out with his hands in his pockets. Plagg dropped inside the bag before Adrien picked up speed to the kitchen. It was going to look suspicious since he appeared right after Chat disappeared but there was already enough excitement for anyone to question it.

When he found his way back in the room he saw Marrinette sitting up with Alya in tow. Nino dragged a hand down his face and sighed knowing she was alright. There was only Adrien who looked relaxed with the situation. After all, he wouldn't have known till later but he almost just lost the love of his life, Ladybug.

Hey guys. I'm sorry I take so long writing but I've been sick the past few days. I've been nauseous and I've had a plain cold. I'm trying to get better but I'll continue writing every few days. Love you guys~