Hear No Secrets Chapter 50

Hear No Secrets

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Chapter 50

            I walked into Whitney’s room while she was on break and sat on the bed. She turned around at her desk and threw a pencil at me.

“Hey,” I laughed. “Not cool.”

“What are you doing in here?” she laughed.

I shrugged, “I’m bored and I haven’t talked to you in a while; figured I’d stop by.”

“That makes it seem like we live in separate houses.”

“I know; that was a bad choice of words.”

“No it’s cool,” she said, “I’m done working out today anyway so I have time too.”

“Sweet.”

“How’s the book going?” she asked.

“Good, actually, I’m reading the first chapter to everyone tonight. Are you going to be here?”

“Of course, I can’t wait to hear your first chapter.”

“I just wanted this book to be about more than gymnastics because this is supposed to be me breaking away from gymnastics. This book is my way of getting out my feelings and showing people that I can let go of my past.”

“What are you going to do when it’s over?”

I shrugged, “I haven’t decided completely yet. Grant just got a new construction job so he’s trying to save up a lot of money and I want to travel around to promote my book, but after that hopefully I can travel just to travel. Every other time I’ve traveled it’s been for a specific purpose, you know? I had to be there for gymnastics or coming up it will be for my book; I want to travel to have fun and explore different things. Grant says he’ll come with me if he’s saved up enough money by then.”

“You’ll be there to watch me at the Olympics right?”

“Are you kidding? I wouldn’t miss that. I’ll be cheering you on in the front row.”

She smiled, “Good. I’m doing this for you because you taught me how to have real friends; you showed me how to love gymnastics again. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be friends with Nicole, Grace, Emily, or anyone else on the team.”

“Thank you, but I’m okay with my silver. If you win a gold medal at the Olympics then it will be yours. You did all the hard work. That gold medal wasn’t meant to be mine; I think we’ve all realized that by now, and it’s okay because I’ve accepted it.”

“Have you?”

I nodded, “I have. There’s a really big world out there and I know there’s more to my life than gymnastics. I tried to have everything and all of our past coaches were right: I can’t have it all. I tried so hard to though. I wanted friends, a boyfriend, family, and a successful career, and maybe that’s possible for some people, but it wasn’t possible for me. I wished for more than I could grasp and I learned my lesson the hard way.”