Hear No Secrets Chapter 46

Hear No Secrets

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Chapter 46

“Chloe Lang everybody!”

            I walked onto the stage where the interview was being held and hugged the hosts of the show. I sat down in a chair next to them and waved at the people in the audience. I don’t remember the last time I went to an interview. I remember being able to actually walk at the last one. I walked as best as I could with my crutches, and luckily the hosts both helped me a lot.

“That looks painful to be walking in,” the lady said. “How is it?”

I nodded, “Painful. I don’t remember the last time I had to work so hard just trying to walk.”

“How are you feeling now that you’ve retired from gymnastics?” the man asked.

I shrugged, “I’m still trying to figure that out. I have a lot more time on my hands, but honestly, I’m just concentrating on one thing at a time. I want to concentrate on healing first and I can figure out what I’m going to do after.”

“Will you be attending the Olympics?”

I nodded, “Definitely. I know I’ll see a lot of my friends there. They’re incredibly talented gymnasts and I can’t wait to see them compete.”

“It’s no secret that you and Whitney have been big competitors since the last Olympics. How has it been being on the same team with her again?”

“Things have been a lot better actually,” I replied. “We talked everything through and realized that we just wanted to be on the same team. We didn’t want to be fighting or rivaling with each other anymore, and we really worked things out. She’s a really good friend now and an incredible gymnast.”

The lady laughed, “I’m just thinking about what I’ve been reading about you online lately, and you seem to have gained quite a fanbase.”

“I have?” I asked surprised. “Wow. I don’t really go online. My mom, dad, and Peter have always done that stuff for me, but I never got involved in it. I’ve been getting a lot of fanmail lately which really surprised me. I’ve never thought of myself as a role model before.”

“Now that you know you’re a role model to young girls out there, how does that change your perspective on things?”

“It actually helped me a lot because this injury has really been bothering me. I mean, I was planning this huge comeback and I knew I was going to get a gold medal at the Olympics. So the fact that it all came crashing down all over again was really upsetting. I didn’t know what I was going to do, and then I started getting all that fanmail and I realized that maybe it wasn’t for nothing. Maybe my story can help more people than I originally thought.”

“So they helped you?” the man asked.

I nodded, “They definitely helped me.”

“What is your future plans now that you’re not going to the Olympics?” the man asked.